What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now You Can Turn Your iPad Into An Etch A Sketch!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Electric Pig today features this genius case that makes your iPad look like an Etch A Sketch! It comes from Headcase, and you can buy it direct from them for $39.00. The case is made of impact-resistant plastic to protect your iPad, with a felt backing to keep it nice and cosy when inserted. It also has rubber feet and a retractable kick stand that enables you to either lay your iPad flat or prop it up at an angle. It's also been designed with strategically placed slots providing access to all the iPad's ports and switches, and comes complete with the famous knobs at the front, although they're sadly just for show. Electric Pig suggests that you go the whole hog (sorry) and get yourself the Freeze Tag Etch A Sketch app for $1.99 from the App Store to complete the retro-fest.

Source: Electric Pig, Headcase

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really... Am I the only person who went "that's @&£?ing ACE!" when they saw that!?

Disappointed the dials are only for show, not that I have any idea how you could actually make them work in a useful way. :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eric-cartman-picture.jpg

"It's Hella-cool, man!"

Oh yeah, I would be seen with that in public, you betcha!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there's a free app like that, and it's enough for me :)

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That really is a great idea and the kickstand is a nice touch. I can definitely see wrapping earphone cords around the dials :)

Munchkin52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem case

Couldn't wait to get this case. So clever an idea. Came quickly and well wrapped. Had some trouble getting it to snap on ( took 2 of us). Once on, made iPad heavier and thicker to handle. Didn't like that face not protected, but I'd you drop iPad on its face, the thicknes of the case guards it.

Looked great, and everyone thought I really was carrying around an etch-a-sketch. I kept explaining to everyone that an etch-a-sketch was less likely to be interesting to someone looking to steal an iPad. (just a good answer to those with no fun side.)

PROBLEM: discovered quickly that openings for charging and earphones are too far recessed and in the way to get plugs in. To use, had to remove the case...and as I said before, very hard to put case back on. Case is sitting in my collection of useless accessories...just wish it had cost less! :(

Most reactions

Latest posts