What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notating changes on pdf's

odonnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app available that would allow me to free form sketch changes to pdf files?

I often receive schematics in pdf format for review and approval. Often there are changes needed that i'd like to be able to hand draw and resend to our drafting or design group.

Thank you

OP
O

odonnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at iannotate it looks like it may work but would like to hear from some of the users to learn if I would be able to zoom in on specific areas, free form sketch, zoom out and repeat the same on other areas of the same pdf schematic.

Trying free and cheaper apps I found I cannot do this and I'd hate to drop $10 on the app to find it does not do what I need.

Any users of iannotate out there?

Thank you!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at iannotate it looks like it may work but would like to hear from some of the users to learn if I would be able to zoom in on specific areas, free form sketch, zoom out and repeat the same on other areas of the same pdf schematic.

Trying free and cheaper apps I found I cannot do this and I'd hate to drop $10 on the app to find it does not do what I need.

Any users of iannotate out there?

Thank you!

I have the app. Yes, you can zoom in and out, and mark up and sketch free form.

OP
O

odonnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I have the app. Yes, you can zoom in and out, and mark up and sketch free form.

Great! Thank you !

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Notability. You can import pdf's, type, write, draw, highlight etc to your hearts content.

I can't remember how much it was but it is 80% off at the moment an I think well worth a look :)

Darkangelwitch (Surrey) Sent from my iPad using iPF

P.s. you can zoom in and out too

OP
O

odonnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does Notablity let you zoom into a PDF and allow you to draw on the PDF image. It looks like when you want to add a comment or sketch you need to work in a window and not actually draw over the original PDF image.

Many PDF I review are large E sized drawings that must be zoomed into to read. Or plot them in a 36 x 48 inch size.

Thank you

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
odonnks said:
Does Notablity let you zoom into a PDF and allow you to draw on the PDF image. It looks like when you want to add a comment or sketch you need to work in a window and not actually draw over the original PDF image.

Many PDF I review are large E sized drawings that must be zoomed into to read. Or plot them in a 36 x 48 inch size.

Thank you

Sorry that I cannot answer. All I can say is I open PDF files, write on them, draw on them, annotate etc etc.

Check out the price is Notability, at 80% off it can the too expensive to try out :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darkangelwitch said:
Sorry that I cannot answer. All I can say is I open PDF files, write on them, draw on them, annotate etc etc.

Check out the price is Notability, at 80% off it can the too expensive to try out :)

Yes, thanks for the heads up, I just purchased it.

The Archangel

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hehehe glad to be of service :)

OMG I just noticed the bad typos in my last post, I hate predictive text LOL

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I am with you on that regarding the auto correct!

Thanks for the app tip!

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
odonnks said:

Thank you

Yes, Notability lets you zoom in on a PDF and draw or type directly on it.

OP
O

odonnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all ! I gave notability a try and it works well.

Thank you !

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darkangelwitch said:

You should be on commission, I just purchased it too. I'll have a play with it tomorrow.

Most reactions

Latest posts