What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not supported for ipad

dody122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have been facing a big problem, i have bought a keyboard dock for about 1 month only and now every time i plug the the ipad to the dock a msg appear says "This accessory is not supported for ipad" however i am doing the charge and the sync through the dock normally ........ plz help

OP
D

dody122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deckyon said:
Do a full reboot of the iPad.

what u mean by A full reboot ??? and did u face this problem before becauze i need to get easy as i dont know what to do at all :(

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Hold the Sleep button and Home button down until a Slider shows up on the screen and then move the slider over to turn off the iPad. Then, hold the sleep button again to turn it back on.

haven't had this problem, I don't have a dock w/ keyboard.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A reboot fixes most problems, let us know if it starts working again.

OP
D

dody122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would try but not now as am not having the dock right now but guys i think i have try do restart before, but i would try the things u said.
again i am still using the same keyboard for doing charge and sync with the same ipad, however there is another strange thing that the same keyboard which have the problem when i plug my iphone 3g into it is fully functioning. so confused
additionlly i am not at a place where there is apple store because i got my ipad+keyboard from canada and am so far now
am trying solve this problem anyway without being having replacement

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That was not a full reboot, or whatever. If you use the power off slider you are only turing the iPad off.

To do a soft reset you hold the home and power/sleep buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release. It takes about 10 seconds. The iPad will then restart. The restart will take quite a bit longer than a normal power up. This resets considerably more than the normal power down and is recommended when powering the iPad down does not fix the problem.

Also, to get the power slider to shut the iPad off, you do not need to hold the home button. Holding just the power/sleep button will do the same. Takes about 3 seconds.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sent him a pm yesterday with those steps, but i guess it didnt work he never responded

Most reactions

Latest posts