What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not only a new member I am also new to:

Belfastman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to Apple, iPad and to forums. I have join the forum in the hope that I would learn how to get the best use of my new iPad as at this time I am just a little frustrated. I purchased the new iPad 2 and I understand it has just been a short time and one could say I need to give it more.

So I am hoping to learn from other members how to get the most out of the iPad. I want to better understand the follow:
iTunes, I am having hard time getting us to this.
Printing, do I really have to buy a new printer
Photos, why is the so many issues with the way photos are handled.

Anyway I will head out into the forums in an attempt to find the answers to my question.

OP
B

Belfastman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I can print

I joined the forum, post my new member post then went out looking for answers. I think it took about 5minutes for my first concern to be answered printing. In a thread someone suggested Print n Share. Well to cut this short it works really well.

Thank you iPad forum that has made my day.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to Apple, iPad and to forums. I have join the forum in the hope that I would learn how to get the best use of my new iPad as at this time I am just a little frustrated. I purchased the new iPad 2 and I understand it has just been a short time and one could say I need to give it more.

So I am hoping to learn from other members how to get the most out of the iPad. I want to better understand the follow:
iTunes, I am having hard time getting us to this.
Printing, do I really have to buy a new printer
Photos, why is the so many issues with the way photos are handled.

Anyway I will head out into the forums in an attempt to find the answers to my question.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Glad to see that you solved your printing problem. I use Print N Share too and it's a great program. One tip, though. You do need to make sure that it's running when you try to print. I get so used to using it that sometimes I'm in an app and want to print and find it fails. Then I look under the multi-task bar (double click the Home button to see what tasks are running) and I see it's not there. So, if you're going to do some printing, it's always a good idea to 'fire up' Print N Share again to ensure it's active.

I notice too your issues with iTunes - do you mean the iTunes store app on the iPad or the iTunes software on the PC? If you mean synching with iTunes on the PC, yes, quite a few people have 'issues' here. I'm a coward and just don't bother to sync. You can download all your apps directly to the iPad - no real need to involve your PC and iTunes.....

Also problems with the way photos are organised...yes, well, if you want to have folders in the Photos app on the iPad there seems to be no other way of creating them other than via iTunes on the PC - there's strangely no 'embedded' mechanism for achieving this on the iPad.....

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions