What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not Charging

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad isn't charging itself and I can't figure out why!!!! Down to 22% so I really need help fast!!!!

Thanks

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well you have it connected to the charger, can you see the lightning bolt across the battery symbol?

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
L

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is connected and instead of the lightning bolt I have "not charging" like when it's connected to the PC

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to your local apple store and have them exchange your charger.

You definitely have a bad charger.

OP
L

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it would be easier to buy one online, which I'll do just to have a spare. I left it charging all morning and even though it said not charging, it did. Now it seems to be back to normal!!! I just hope it stays that way....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reset first...

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the slider control appears and then accept the offer to power down.

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be trickle charging via your PC. That would mean it's charging at a lower rate than the iPad charger's usual 10w, but it's charging. Some PC and laptop USB ports offer 5w charging. That prompts the iPad to indicate that it's not charging.

You can easily test by using the original charger and plugging into a wall outlet. If your iPad starts charging, then your PC USB port is charging at lower than 10w.

OP
L

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Thomas that is what I did, as I said it was charging but still said it wasn't... And at a slower pace.... Now all seems ok.
I am using using the original charger and didn't know I could charge through my PC. Whenever I have the iPad connected to PC it has never charged....

nicklang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many Thanks!

Try a reset first...

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the slider control appears and then accept the offer to power down.

Tim

Tim---- thanks for the assistance. I had a Gen 2 that was just showing me the little rotating clock icon while it was charging and I couldn't get it to turn on. With your tip on the Reset, all is well with the world... I think what must have happened was I let the power get down below 2% and it shifted into some kind of sleep mode or something...make sense??

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad had stop charging and even being recognized about three weeks ago went to the apple store and they changed it for me even tho it was over a year!

Most reactions