What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noob query- Do I need the internet to access the apps?

rishi85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once I download a certain app(either free or paid) do I have to be connected to an internet to open and access it? Especially the more educative ones like NASA app, or Dinopedia?

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some apps require an Internet connection to run. Some don't.

Only way I can think of to determine which do and which don't is to try to run them with an Internet connection.

Reaction score
There is no clear indication in the AppStore, as to whether an app needs an active internet connection to work. The most reliable source is common sense and a look on the app size. If, for example, you download a navigation system which is only 50MB, than it probably requires an internet connection to work, as the maps will always be laeger than 50MB.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of them dont, for example if you want to play games, most of the time if its just a one player you can get away without internet. But if you want to post your scores or play againsts people online than you will require a internet connection

Most reactions

Latest posts