What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non mobile versions of websites

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like the title says... Is it possible to open up websites NON mobile version? I mean hell, the i pad has a full blown browser. Why cant i loadthe non mobile site?

For instance... Youtube.com. When i go there it is m.youtube.com

Any fixes? I am jailbroken is there an app i can DL?

Thanks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The deal with Youtube is because of Flash and the iPad doesn't do Flash!

As far as non-mobile web sites, there is a browser many people, including me, use called Atomic and it costs a whopping 99¢! One of the things it does it that you can set it so that websites identify your browser as Safari, Firefox or WIndows IE6, 7 or 8.

EDIT: But Google is working on non-Flash versions for Safari and Chrome... but not Firefox.
http://lifehacker.com/5453591/youtube-offers-no+flash-html5-videos-for-chrome-and-safari

Last edited:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some mobile versions have a link at the bottom of the page to "view in normal mode" or non mobile mode, something of that wording. So check your various sites for that option.

Catholic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffsOcean.com
Some mobile versions have a link at the bottom of the page to "view in normal mode" or non mobile mode, something of that wording. So check your various sites for that option.

Also, if you just refresh the "regular" website address a few times I've found that it sometimes takes me to the normal page.

Most reactions

Latest posts