What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No wifi connection

Ernier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 with wifi. I can usually connect into my friends' wifi, using their key codes. One friend has a laptop and iPad connected with a Talktalk wifi system.
I can pick up his signal but it will not allow me to access it and doesn't request a key code to allow me access. He is a silver surfer, as am I, and he doesn't know why. Is it something he did when he set his wifi system up?

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like your friend's wifi security is the problem. It may have been set to allow only certain, specified devices to connect. If you can ask your friend to go to his router settings page and check to see if an access control list is enabled. If so, you can ask him to add your iPad to the list of allowed devices. For that, you'll need to find your MAC code from your iPad settings/general/about "Wi-Fi Address". It'll be something like EG:47:94:F6:7H:88

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends how savvy the person who set up his router was tbh.

Whoever might have used MAC filtering where only known MAC addresses for each device are allowed go connect, but it would be rare for normal users to do this.

At the cost of wiping existing WiFi keys you could try to reset network connections on your iPad.

No other data will be lost as long as you select the right option that is lol!

Most reactions

Latest posts