What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No usb ports in ipad

Phijo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Every one,

It is well own truth all the computers , laptops , notebook have usb port. Why you guys at apple did not include usb port in ipad.?

Please now a days usage , usb drives and it has come part of our daily lives.

I cannot still understand why the apple remove the most essential part ie usb that the common man uses. Apple guys needs know that the people prefer notepad instead of ipad. I have read about the customers feedbacks.

I am very confused. I am person who uses usb ports in my personal laptop. Why should I prefer to use ipad ? In the first place.

Please tell me. My friends have asked for buying my opionion regarding buying ipad. What kind of information should I tell them , because they use usb ports very frequently.

Regards,
Phijo

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sympathize with you Phijo. I'm still gonna love my iPad, but they could have done better with the hardware in some instances.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sympathize with you Phijo. I'm still gonna love my iPad, but they could have done better with the hardware in some instances.

of course they can do better, my self i dream a web cam in my iPad but it’s not so i live with that …. USB it’s more complicated as they will have to manage and check what file you put in (security reason) … so is not simple like this just ad USB port and storage place …

Imagine a virus include in one file and got access in all your contact and send the virus to all …. what will be the trouble and the media release in case like that ??

imagine that one second please

sometime what we dream is not possible to do for many various reasons

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
hi so why not just ignore iPad and buy android tablet ??

+1

If a product does not have the features I want, I don't buy it. I also don't then go on a forum about the product and complain about it. Instead I focus my energy researching to find a product that does fit my needs. Get what you want, use what you want..... Freedom of choice in consumer electronics is a good thing.... :) If all products had the exact same feature set, what would be the point?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I make a point the ipad is not a pc laptop it has USB connection to any mac or pc using iTunes my question to you is what are you wanting from apples ipad ? Also please provide what are the 5 things you do on your pc each day and finally what you use the USB port for on your pc then we can respond
Thanks Colin

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I make a point the ipad is not a pc laptop it has USB connection to any mac or pc using iTunes my question to you is what are you wanting from apples ipad ? Also please provide what are the 5 things you do on your pc each day and finally what you use the USB port for on your pc then we can respond
Thanks Colin

Colin no need to explain him la … he his angry because apple don’t do the products he dream … the full world turn around him , have people in this world even god cannot made them satisfied

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why take usb off the iPad? The same reason you cut the balls off your dog. You don't want it to reproduce documents without permission.

Isenguard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Every one,
I cannot still understand why the apple remove the most essential part ie usb that the common man uses. Apple guys needs know that the people prefer notepad instead of ipad. I have read about the customers feedbacks.

Please tell me. My friends have asked for buying my opionion regarding buying ipad. What kind of information should I tell them , because they use usb ports very frequently.

Its simple, Apple can do whatever they want and people will still buy the heck out of it. BTW, the Camera Connection Kit which connects the iPad has a USB port which you can plug your external HD or flash drives to, granted if you jailbreak it first.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i van make my day

Why take usb off the iPad? The same reason you cut the balls off your dog. You don't want it to reproduce documents without permission.

+10 nothing more to say

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At extra cost of-course, and it still won't do everything you want it to do.

Hello Every one,

Its simple, Apple can do whatever they want and people will still buy the heck out of it. BTW, the Camera Connection Kit which connects the iPad has a USB port which you can plug your external HD or flash drives to, granted if you jailbreak it first.

Josip19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Times are changing

It's all about cloud computing. Why worry about losing or breaking a flash drive when you can have everything in the cloud and save to apps like dropbox?

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
I think apple is about changing the direction of the industry NOT going with the direction. Wires are messy and annoying, I'd rather see more over wireless technology any way. Storage over the cloud and local peripherals are bluetooth.

The only thing that wires are for are major file transfers and power, becasue I think wireless power is called lightning.

That's my take on it. Apple is changing the industry and I think it's positive. Do you still need a laptop or other computer? Yes.

So there we are.

Most reactions

Latest posts