What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No UPS saturday delivery Houston area

ipad85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got screwed also. I had pre-ordered and it wont arrive on Saturday because it's not available in my area, but guess what! I had made a reservation also at my nearest Apple Store, so just got my email reminding me to pick it up Saturday! and I will be there... I am not spending the weekend without the iPad! :p

I will return the other one when it arrives, or I will keep both! :)

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got screwed also. I had pre-ordered and it wont arrive on Saturday because it's not available in my area, but guess what! I had made a reservation also at my nearest Apple Store, so just got my email reminding me to pick it up Saturday! and I will be there... I am not spending the weekend without the iPad! :p

I will return the other one when it arrives, or I will keep both! :)

i liveing and working right now in central CA area and i was told that we where getting a Saturday delivery ..but as i called this morning i was told that they do not do Saturday delivery ..then i ask can i come pick up at the hub and i have not heard back from them yet..i guess a lot of people are calling the hub there and i guess there is a few ruffled feathers of the people there in the call center at the hub ..

OP
I

ipad85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, not nice at all, should have never preordered. I made my reservation first then preordered falling for the Sat delivery. I am happy to go to the line, early riser....

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, you're saying that Houston, the 4th largest city in the US, does not have UPS Saturday delivery for Worldwide Express service. Hmmm.... somehow I'm not buying that one.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nor does the Capital of California.... :mad:I just found out that, by contract between Apple and UPS, you can not arrange to pick up your package up at a UPS store. I was misslead the other day and now they are backing out of it.. I have to wait until next business day because we don't have Saturday deliveries. The lady i spoke with at UPS said they are going crazy dealing with phone calls related to the Apple delivery. She said they never seen anything like it.. She is getting a kick out of the whole thing tough.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i live and work right now in central Ca area and there is no ups delivery here also ..i called about picking it up at the hub and was told no i can not do that they have to deliver it to the address per contract with apple..

so i am a little bummed out right now about that..

SWdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here but I live in a rural area. Patience is a virtue. :)

GHII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an email from Apple advising me "Saturday delivery is not available in your area." WTF..this sucks. UPS sucks, I get Saturday Fedex deliveries all the time. Why did Apple switch shipping companies, they've always used Fedex.

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an email from Apple advising me "Saturday delivery is not available in your area." WTF..this sucks. UPS sucks, I get Saturday Fedex deliveries all the time. Why did Apple switch shipping companies, they've always used Fedex.

Could you screenshot that e-mail for me and post it here? It's not that I doubt you, but I've got some friends at UPS that would like to see that I'm sure.

Reader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Saturday Delivery

:(I will have to wait for Monday delivery too as no Saturday delivery here in the capitol of Idaho. We don't even have an Apple store except we do have Best Buy. This is disappointing!

Last edited:

Elinandi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same e-mail today... but I kind of expected it because of the area being rural.

GHII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I called UPS Export/Import Services which I think is just their international number and they told me mine would be delivered.

Sorry its so small, I dont know why its like that, but you can still read it

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 1.40.49 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 1.40.49 PM.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 329

SWdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never believed in magic but Saturday delivery would be nice...

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent purchase of the magical and revolutionary
Apple iPad.

We would like to advise you Saturday delivery is not available in your
area.

Your order will be delivered on Monday April 5th.

For up-to-date information on your order, please visit our Order
Status website at Apple Order Status.

Sincerely,
The Apple Store Team

Most reactions

Latest posts