What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no result found for kindle search in app store

cemturc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why i caannot find the kindle app in app store? is there any other specific name? even I am directed from official amazon web site, app store says "not existing"

Reaction score
The Kindle app is not a global app. While it is available in many western european countries, it isn't available everywhere. So if you are getting the Not Found error when following the Kindle link, it most likely means that you live in a country, where the Kindle app is not available.

As a work-around, you could either create another Apple ID and set the country to one, which offers the Kindle app, or you use a different ebook reader app, such as iBooks or Stanza. Though to read Kindle ebooks, the official Kindle app is required.

Last edited:
OP
C

cemturc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Kindle app is not a global app. While it is available in many western european countries, it isn't available everywhere. So if you are getting the Not Found error when following the Kindle link, it most likely means that you live in a country, where the Kindle app is not available.

As a work-around, you could either create another Apple ID and set the country to one, which offers the Kindle app, or you use a different ebook reader app, such as iBooks or Stanza. Though to read Kindle ebooks, the official Kindle app is required.

many thanks. now it makes sense

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For these reasons, it is good to list at least your

country in your location screen during setup of your account here. There is an obvious reluctance to provide home addresses but country and state/province/region can be very helpful in trying to understand an OP's problems.

Most reactions