What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No internet on ipad.

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my ipad2 16gb 3g since April. it has behaved faultlessly.
Suddenly, yesterday morning. It refused to go on line. Although it was working fine, the previous evening at 11.00pm.
It indicates that it has coupled to my router but then it goes into search mode, refusing to complete the connection.
Any ideas please?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the first things I would suggest you try is to reset the router (unplug it, wait for 5 minutes or so, then plug it back in). Then, try again to connect the iPad to it - and thus the Internet.

If that doesn't work, go into your Settings app and "forget" the network you are trying to access. Then, reload it. Yeah, you'll have to enter the password and such all over again, but hopefully that'll work.

That's the only things I can think of at this time. Hopefully, that'll fix your issue or someone else will come along with more ideas. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
C

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Many thanks for answering. Yes. I have already gone though the reset procedure, with no luck. It is my daughters router and she is having absolutely no problems.
I'm staying with her ATM and not going home for another 10 days.
I can get on line if I pair the iPad with my iPhone via Bluetooth.

OP
C

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, the problem is sorted now. I initially reset everything on the iPad, without success. So, inspite of my daughter having no problems on her iMac or Macbook. We reset the router, and everything was fine. Very strange.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it all went well and that you're back going again. And yeah, IMO, oftentimes computers (and I count the iPad as one) ARE strange and always keep me guessing. Guess its just one of those things, yeah? :) Regardless, I'm glad you got it sorted.

Thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts