What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No fine pointed styluses?

ganyuehan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me, none of the iPad styluses are right for drawing. Some other brand touch pads and cellphone styluses have these nice fine tips on them. All the iPad ones have these big goofy ends that's like doing fine detail with a kid's crayon. Are there any fine-tipped ones for iPad?

fmmrz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is because the screen is capacitive touch and not pressure based, meaning it need a tiny electrical current ie your finger or the conductive material used in the new styluses. But I hear there is a solution being worked on in that area.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"But I hear there is a solution being worked on in that area."

That's good to know. Remember where you read/heard it?

zigzag801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple did put a patent in for a stylus, so maybe on day we'll have something for drawing. Although it was patented before the iPad even came out. So who knows. I bought the box wave stylus, but just need to wait for my iPad 2 to be delivered today to test it out.

fmmrz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I got all of my parts and got a prototype made. It works great. Needs some tweaking to see if it can get better but so far it feels great. Might need a business partner on this one

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got all of my parts
Phew, that must be a relief, LOL
nana.gif

Joking aside, I would be very interested to hear more about this - there must be lots of people who would go for a small tip stylus.

fmmrz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem is there is no patent for it and I have little know how on that matter. So I'm treading carefully

rmojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is one you can make:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhB2BF5yQM&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_504532]YouTube - iPad_[/ame]

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forget the patent, they are worthless unless you can afford a fortune in patent insurance. Speaking from grim experience!!!
Get it on the market and make a killing before others step in. There's always room for more than one manufacturer, just keep yours cheapest and best!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also would love to see a fine tipped one, would make drawing and or writing a whole lot easier, granted the programs for drawing have line thickness, but a fine tip stylus would just be easier IMO.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a BoxWave stylus and my wife just got the A case stylus. Both look the same just that hers is a black and
mines is crimson red. I would have liked a fine tip one but I couldn't find any. So for now I'm happy with my stylus.

fmmrz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well honestly the video post above is the only way to make a fine tip stylus however the one I made is more fine tipped than another and feels like your writing with a pen. I'm working on getting more parts now to make a prototype that is actually sellable.

I'm also looking for a few people to test out my end product. Depending on cost I would hopefully be able to provide these people with the prototype for free, maybe jus shipping. Anybody want to be apart? Moderators?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that is a great idea, and we all wish you the best of luck! That would be awesome!

OP
G

ganyuehan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fmmrz5 said:
Well honestly the video post above is the only way to make a fine tip stylus however the one I made is more fine tipped than another and feels like your writing with a pen. I'm working on getting more parts now to make a prototype that is actually sellable.

I'm also looking for a few people to test out my end product. Depending on cost I would hopefully be able to provide these people with the prototype for free, maybe jus shipping. Anybody want to be apart? Moderators?

You mean if I covered shipping, you'd send me a prototype to try out?

Most reactions

Latest posts