What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next-Gen iPad Leak Reveals Landscape Dock Connector

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-landscape-connector_01.jpg

Now these images haven't been confirmed as real, but Gizmodo is reporting that the new case does coincide with some of Apple's patents. It's also interesting that the new case is directly compared to the current case.

ipad-landscape-connector-2.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or maybe its for that USB connector that everyone says makes the 1st generation an epic failure because it does not have one!

EKhatch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or maybe its for that USB connector that everyone says makes the 1st generation an epic failure because it does not have one!

Looks the same size as the current power/data connector on the current iPad and a USB port is a fair amount smaller.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This shape is old Shape many cover be made before the official launch have this cutting … can’t be for the next gen … as all the fixation is at the same place …. is well know apple have the habit to let go out various prototype and part for lost the competitor and media (except when a real one is stolen in a bar) …. Gizmodo try to get audience with this rumor

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

But does it run Flash?

I thought lack of Flash is what some people bemoan as what makes the iPad an epic failure?

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com

But does it run Flash?

I thought lack of Flash is what some people bemoan as what makes the iPad an epic failure?

Epic Failure? Now, that's funny.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't ever use my pad in portrait mode..

Be nice to have. I want an iPhone 4 design though and build quality.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt its reality. What's most interest me is 'Rumor: Apple To Release 'Mini' iPad in Early 2011', you know a 7-inch tablet maybe very fantastic and carry-home.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is an old design and the slot on the side was for the micro sim card on the 3G... although it does'nt have the plastic top for the radio...

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dont see a rear camera hole

no flash is not epic failure, just an annoyance. Its ok as long as there is no other competition. If someone else was selling a tablet that worked just as great AND could do Flash and had USB, I would have probably bought it. Apple has enjoyed a period now being the only affordable slate available (there are others in the $2000-3000 range). When there are other good options out there, things should get interesting - depending on the quality of the "others". We are still months from that though.

Most reactions

Latest posts