What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Corp’s The Daily Makes Loss of $10 Million in Q2

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHILJBw-104&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Introducing The Daily[/ame]​

MacStories reports today that The Daily, the iPad-only magazine/news app launched by Apple and News Corp back in February, generated a $10 million loss in Q2 according to News Corp.’s March quarter earnings call. During the call, News Corp. executives referred to The Daily as “a work in progress.†According to MediaMemo, The Daily has had approximately 800, 000 downloads since launch. News Corp. says that this estimate is a little on the low side, but still fairly accurate. As MacStories notes, downloads of under a million are really pretty underwhelming, especially considering the fact that both Apple and News Corp. promoted The Daily heavily, with News Corp. even forking out for a Super Bowl commercial. News Corp. has said previously that it has plans to expand The Daily to other devices such as Android tablets, but has yet to make any such moves away from its Apple exclusivity.

Source: The Daily: 800k Downloads Since February, $10 Million Loss, News Corp. Revenue, Earnings Miss; MySpace Still Burning Money | Peter Kafka | MediaMemo | AllThingsD

JF7FSU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They lost me when they came out with their outrageous pricing. I wonder how may deleted the app like I did?

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My complaint with it is that you can't leave it in the middle and open back up to that spot. Like iBooks. $39/year didn't seem out of line for a subscription but I may not renew next year.

marta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe this following question is off topic but i would like to know how can a company advertise itself on this site, who should be contacted for further information?

Most reactions

Latest posts