What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newb's opinion of the Ipad 2!

silguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides my introduction, this is my first legitimate post! I just wanted to express how happy I am w/ this device. I haven't bought anything for ages and when the Ipad 2 launched, it was the first real excitement I've had in a long time. Of course, I couldn't get my hands on it until a few weeks later and now I'm on it non stop!

I jumped on the Apple bandwagon after my first Iphone provided to me at work. The 3G. I must say, everything worked and when 3GS came out, it worked faster. The point is, EVERYTHING JUST WORKS. Then there was the iPad and that's when I know I wanted one! So despite all the comparisons of other tablets and phones, here's what I think;

- iPad 2 camera sucks! Who cares? Who's going to carry this big thing around to take pix anyways. Use it for face time, good enough. I have a few point n shoot including a DSLR for pictures.

- Android and Win 7 phones will be competitive, but not NOW. I've had other phones before and although nice, but nothing really worked as smoothly as Apple and their iOS. You're always going out of your way to get your apps or whatever you're trying to do to work. On top of that, those Android phones are a dime a dozen. Seems like there's a new one every couple of months. So if I like Android, which phone should I get? Too many to choose. Also, it's relatively new, which include's it's OS. It's Android 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 now it's Gingerbread or the tablet ,Honeycomb. The point is, updates are still in progress and uncertain. When there is an update, it takes forever or maybe if you have an older phone, you'll need to hack it to update if they no longer support your phone. Apple is smart. New phone every year and always iOS, done. We all know everyone wants the latest and greatest or cheaper if you want older, but will still work w/ the new OS. plain and simple. Maybe in a few years Android will be nice, but not now. Not Windows 7 phone either.

Anyways, just wanted to express my gratitude. LOVING THIS!!!!

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Apple is smart. New phone every year and always iOS, done. We all know everyone wants the latest and greatest or cheaper if you want older, but will still work w/ the new OS. plain and simple.

I completely agree with you. Apple is very smart! Not only that but all of their products go the extra mile when they are released. They are always a cut above the rest that's why their products are so popular, and the OS definitely beats any other!

I do however feel that Apple have pretty much released the most up to date version of their iPhone and I can't see what else they will be able to bring out to make it even better! Although Apple are full of surprises I suppose, we will just have to wait and see.

By the way, welcome to the Forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts