What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rizza_diaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi im newbie for using ipad. Why is it there are times when im using my ipad it always returns to its homepage?.Pls help...

MaryGigi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem from time to time. I "reboot" by turning the iPad off for a few minutes. You can also take it into a store. The staff can look at the diagnostics and may be able to help. Good luck.

OP
rizza_diaz

rizza_diaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 ios is not updated...pls help...dont know how to update. :))

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi im newbie for using ipad. Why is it there are times when im using my ipad it always returns to its homepage?.Pls help...

Reboot your iPad, it should fix your problem.
At the same time hold down the On/Off button (in landscape mode, top LHS) and the square Home button (RHS) and keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears (a slide on/off button may or may not show up, just ignore this). Keep patiently holding, could be a while. When the Apple logo appears, let both go, then slide the On button to get your iPad on its way again.
Let us know how you got on. If no good, there are other things to try.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Scary...haha.

Hi Rizza - welcome to the forum! :)

Not really - a 'Reset' as described is like a hard boot on a computer (after all, the iPad is a 'computer') - will not damage your settings, files, or apps - but make sure that you do the 'reset' properly and let us know - good luck!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How to reboot again?big thankies. 

Hi again Rizza - in a previous post, Andrew explained the 'Reset' process - below is a shorter explanation - I'm assuming that you know where the on-off (a.k.a. power) & home buttons are located? Just hold both simultaneously until the logo appears - let us know your results - good luck! :)

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
rizza_diaz

rizza_diaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already reboot my ipad.thanks guys!i hope it solves my problem.

OP
rizza_diaz

rizza_diaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about updating my ios?since it was purchased last yearit was not updated.pls help....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How about updating my ios?since it was purchased last yearit was not updated.pls help....

Well, good luck on your 'reset' - hope that this helps your initial issues at the start of the thread - :thumbs:

As to your iOS on the iPad - first, not sure which model you own? Second, what current version do you have? To check, select 'Settings' -> 'General' -> 'Software Update' - this will provide a screen stating your current iOS version, and should offer you an update option, if applicable; an upgrade can be done via iTunes cabled or wireless - BUT, please post back first as to your iPad model & current iOS - :)

OP
rizza_diaz

rizza_diaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant find software update in the general settings. :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rizza_diaz said:
I cant find software update in the general settings. :(

It should be there, right under About.

image-1365637.jpgWhich version of iOS are you on?

Most reactions

Latest posts