What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie with IPad2 - Note taking?

jgb2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying the IPad 2 and of course want to get the most out of it. One thing I'm looking for is to use it in meetings where I can take notes. Any suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Well, the iPad 2 comes w/ a 'Notes' app that can be used for that purpose or a 'word processing' program can be added, such as Pages (which simulates Microsoft Word but of course w/ much less power and fewer features) - if you plan to take a LOT of notes quickly, then the on-screen keyboard will likely be frustrating - so another option is to obtain a BT (Bluetooth) keyboard; I use Apple's version which works well for me, but many choices are available - good luck!

OP
J

jgb2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I did download Pages and think it is great. I have also used Notes. I was actually looking for an app where I could take notes using my finger to write or a stylus pen. Any suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. I did download Pages and think it is great. I have also used Notes. I was actually looking for an app where I could take notes using my finger to write or a stylus pen. Any suggestions?

OK - that was not stated in your OP - sorry. You might want to take a look at Penultimate HERE; just a $1 purchase from the App Store - have the program on my iPad; not easy to make really small letters w/ your finger so a good stylus would likely be helpful - good luck! :)

Addendum: Please take a look at THIS NEW THREAD - just noticed the post while browsing the 'Active Topics' - might be a consideration also for you (a $5 purchase from the App Store).

Last edited:
OP
J

jgb2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, i apologize for not clarifying. I do appreciate all your help and will download the app. Thanks again and I will definitely continue to use this forum. Take care.

Most reactions