What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie needs help with iTunes - going bonkers!

bikerdude53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am trying to add music from iTunes on my PC to my iPad.

I connected my iPad to my PC and opened iTunes. I checked the songs I wanted to download and proceeded to sync them. I see the "sync in process" files being transferred. The titles appear on the PC under the iPad section but they do not appear on my iPad.

Can anyone help a Dum-Dum and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you so very much!

Mike in Gilbert, Arizona:confused:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bikerdude53 said:
I connected my iPad to my PC and opened iTunes. I checked the songs I wanted to download and proceeded to sync them. I see the "sync in process" files being transferred. The titles appear on the PC under the iPad section but they do not appear on my iPad.

I've encountered this before. What I did was to select the albums/songs I wanted to copy over from the right side, then drag-and-dropped them over onto the device in the left-hand side - I don't fuss around with trying to 'sync’ it anymore.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bikerdude53 said:

I've encountered this before. What I did was to select the albums/songs I wanted to copy over from the right side, then drag-and-dropped them over onto the device in the left-hand side - I don't fuss around with trying to 'sync’ it anymore.

That is a very good idea. I have never tried that.

heybutch1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also had this. What I discovered was the files were actually there. Disconnect from pc, exit iPod and go back in. Songs magically there.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
That is a very good idea. I have never tried that.

I do the same with iPod as well - drag-and-drop the files I need from iTunes onto the device.

Most reactions