What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie...Jailbreak....iPad 2

GwenevereLynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys :)
I'm Gwen and I've been jailbreaking my iPhones all by my lonesome. I could really use some feedback from those that are experienced.
My first question is, is there a difference between jailbreaking a first generation iPad (version 4.3) opposed to the iPad 2?
I want to jailbreak my iPad 2 but I joined this forum for help, before I started pulling my hair out. :confused:

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad 2 jailbreak hasn't been released yet, but should be soon.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3, but we are still waiting for the untethered version to be released. I am sure you will see about a dozen posts in this section of the forum about 30 seconds after it is released!

OP
GwenevereLynn

GwenevereLynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks so much guys. When the jailbreak comes out, I'm really going to hit you all with a load of questions! I appreciate the reply :)

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you wait for more news about it first just to be on the safe side.

gab7400

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its not released yet. Just be patient.
To my understanding, it is still being tested.....

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Always better to wait for something so that the bugs are worked out =) I am waiting for the untethered one before I try 4.3

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad2s processor is different,ie it is a5 (not a4),the physical hardware difference has closed all previous exploits,so need to find new exploits,so patience needed........:)

jlkohel911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, but I read some news that the iPad 2 is jailbroken?
It IS jailbroken. Comex did it, remotely, like 2 or 3 days after the release. We're just waiting for him to officially release it.

edit: don't ever pay for a jailbreak it's a scam, that's covered in another post as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts