What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie! Got ipad2 yesterday...and have some questions.

ladyluck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, like someone else said on an ipad forum "how did I ever live without this?"....I got mine yesterday morning and feel the same way. Very cool.

I have a few questions that I've not been able to figure out on my own.

1. Wallpaper: How do you save a photo from a site, such as ipad wallpapers on this site and use it as your background?

2. On my games, I have a folder with 6 games. It scrolls to open and has a dark grey background. Can that background be changed?

3. How many apps are allowed on the main screen? I wanted Garage Band and a few others to appear on the main screen but they pop over to the second screen.

4. Anyone use the stylus pens for the ipad2? I thought about buying one but wasn't sure of pros/cons. What do you recommend?

5. What do you use to clean the screen?

6. When you purchase an app, a game that cost 2.99...is that a one time fee? or something they charge monthly?

7. I have WiFi and 3G (verizon) how do you tell when it is connected to WiFi or if it's on 3G/Verizon?

Thank you for all your help!!!!

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome to the site. I'll try and answer your questions...

1. Wallpaper: If you hold down on the image you will normally get a pop up asking if you want to save it. The image goes into your "photos" app. You can open it there and set it as your wallpaper

2. You can't change the background of your folders unless you jailbreak your device (you can completely "theme" a JB device), but there is no jailbreak for iPad2 yet.

3. You can have 20 icons on each page of apps by default. You can move things around by holding down on 1 icon until they all start to "wiggle", then you can move them around. Be careful in this mode. If you click the "cross" at the top you will remove the app from your iPad and have to reinstall it. You can move icons between screens by dragging the icon to the edge of the screen and the page will switch over.

4. I love my Boxwave stylus. Keeps fingerprints off my screen!

5. A microfibre cloth and sometimes some glass cleaning solution (the same one I use for my glasses).

6. It should be a one time thing. Subscriptions are now possible, but they are very clearly laid out (usually magazines etc). You wont do it by mistake. Once you purchase something, even if you remove it and reinstall it, you won't be charged again. There are also "in app purchases". These again are fairly obvious. There isn't really a way to get charged for stuff that you weren't expecting IMHO.

7. If wifi is on and connected (so you see the wifi signal bar) it is always using wifi, even if you also have a 3G signal and connection. Your iPad will only use 3G data when wifi is off or not connected to any network.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
L

ladyluck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GREAT HELP!!!! Thank you so very much!!!!! :)

Most reactions