What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie getting first Apple product on Feb. 10

Guitarcomet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm a 57 year old male from eastern North Carolina.
I've never owned an Apple product due to stubborn frugality and thrift, steeped into my soul by my now deceased millionaire father.
I'm finally breaking tradition and splurging on a tablet that I probably could go without.
My 6th Kindle fire is getting old and it's limited capabilities are cramping my style.
I haven't use a PC/Laptop regularly in nearly a decade. (I have 3 of them) I'm retired.
So I suspect I'll need a few weeks to reacquaint myself with the OS of the more computer-like iPad.
I used an Apple product a few decades ago and actually have used an iPad in 2019, so I know it's not vastly different...but I have lost some of my familiarity with PC operations...so I'm just going to need to "get on the bike" and get used to it, again.
I know I've been missing out on lots of stuff (living under a rock...lol) so any cool apps, games or trick/tips you'd like to offer would be nice.
I don't like RPG games! I'm old and slow.
My current favorite (on my Kindle) Gods of Olympus is becoming repetitious.
Looking for a new kick.

I'm very excited about the new iPad, even if it's only the base model with 128GB.
It made good sense to join this forum.

Cheers!

OP
G

Guitarcomet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've already watched several YouTube videos (tutorial and tips/hints/tricks) and multiple articles from the internet about the top games available.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to iPad Forums! If you have any questions about your new iPad don’t hesitate to ask.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm a 57 year old male from eastern North Carolina...............

I'm finally breaking tradition and splurging on a tablet that I probably could go without................

I'm very excited about the new iPad, even if it's only the base model with 128GB......................

Hello Guitarcomet - welcome to the forum & congrats on the iPad! :) To start, take a look at Apple's Manual Site where you can view online and/or download the manual(s) pertinent to your model iPad and to iPadOS. Also take a look at the Take Control Books website (a few offerings shown below) - these are well done and inexpensive (I own a half dozen or more -AND have no personal/financial relationship w/ the owners/authors). Otherwise, just post your interests and questions and members will be glad to make suggestions - there are probably close to 2 million apps in the 'App Store' so some help from you will be needed - ;) Dave
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 11.08.51 AM.png

OP
G

Guitarcomet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just become aware that having the same username as your email address is not allowed.
Do I need to change it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You aren’t using a full email address as your user name and no one knows what email service you use so there’ll be no problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts