What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie from the UK getting impatient!

jimgreen83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to say high, thought it was about time given I have been lurking in the iPad 2 forum! I am from close to London in the UK and have been obsessive in checking for news on the iPad 2 since Christmas when I got a bit of money towards one. My mum bought my dad an iPad 1 at Christmas and they are now using the internet and email at long last (they don't use a pc in their jobs so are complete pc phobes!).

The wait for news from Apple is driving me mad, I really hope they don't push back the release date (surely they wouldn't make the same mistake this year too?!?). I am unable to get out of work in the afternoon on the 25th so hoping for an am launch not a 5pm one like the US had.

I will mainly be using it for internet, emails and apps. I tend to go on the internet via my iPhone to save loading up the laptop so it will be a convenience thing. I am also looking forward to using the Economist app on a proper sized screen.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to say high, thought it was about time given I have been lurking in the iPad 2 forum! I am from close to London in the UK and have been obsessive in checking for news on the iPad 2 since Christmas when I got a bit of money towards one. My mum bought my dad an iPad 1 at Christmas and they are now using the internet and email at long last (they don't use a pc in their jobs so are complete pc phobes!).

The wait for news from Apple is driving me mad, I really hope they don't push back the release date (surely they wouldn't make the same mistake this year too?!?). I am unable to get out of work in the afternoon on the 25th so hoping for an am launch not a 5pm one like the US had.

I will mainly be using it for internet, emails and apps. I tend to go on the internet via my iPhone to save loading up the laptop so it will be a convenience thing. I am also looking forward to using the Economist app on a proper sized screen.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Yes - the wait is driving me crazy too! Never thought about the fact that the release date might get pushed back!! Another thing to worry about! I’m in the same position as you too regarding the release time!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Also the iPad2 manual is available at the Apple iBooks store. It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Be thankfull it's not as long a wait as it was last time. Two weeks isn't that long.
Why not look up your nearest apple dealer and see if you pre-book the model you want. I have, so mine will be put aside when the shipment arrives.
The climate here's not suitable for camping out overnight.....

OP
J

jimgreen83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the messages, I am on the phone at the moment waiting for the Apple store at Bluewater to answer to see if they will let me reserve one for the 25th. Fingers crossed, I want a white 32gb.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patients will pay, trust me I waited a long time for Gran Turismo 5 (a racing video game) and now I forgot it original release date was 2009/2008 rather than 2010.

Most reactions

Latest posts