What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the forums &Ipads

Ugly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm very new to anything out of the iPod industry newer than your good old standard iPod. I just got an iPad, it is running a tethered red snow jailbreak. I am running the 4.2.1 OS, I have iTunes 10 installed on my windows xp PC that I run everything from.
I really just have one or two questions that I'm concerned with ATM. I work, off shore and am worried about having a lap top always on hand incase I have to reboot. I havnt been able to find a good untethered jailbreak for my OS. I tried to down grade the iPads firmware in order to use spirit, but this hasn't worked so far. Felt it would be safer to get some advice from people who know.
Any help, advice, w/e anyone has to offer would b greatly appreciated.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest the following;

Before you go out where you won't have a pc available, update all apps and Cydia apps a couple of days before you go, and make sure everything is in working order.

While you are out, do NOT update or download anything, just use your iPad normally, this will minimize the chances of having to reboot, for any reason.

Their are no untethered jailbrakes available yet, an it may be a while before there are any.

It is unlikely you could downgrade, unless you have all the old SHSH/blobs saved, and I'm not sure you could even then. Check with the following site in the FAQ's.

Jailbreak and Unlock Forum - Page 2 - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at TiPb.com

Most reactions

Latest posts