What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to teaching with IPAD 3

wpgtester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi IPAD Gurus!
I just got an ipad 3 for teaching. There are two features that I'm trying to solve. If someone can point me to the right direction, I would be very greatful!

1) as you enter a password, each letter pops up, how can this function be disabled? I could physically disconnect the ipad from the projector but it's rather cumbersome to do that.

2) when I you one of the note programs to give a lecture, the keyboard pops up on the screen when i use the ipad since it is mirrored. Is there a way to disable the mirroring of the keyboard?

Thank you for any responnses given!

H

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi IPAD Gurus!
I just got an ipad 3 for teaching. There are two features that I'm trying to solve. If someone can point me to the right direction, I would be very greatful!

1) as you enter a password, each letter pops up, how can this function be disabled? I could physically disconnect the ipad from the projector but it's rather cumbersome to do that.

2) when I you one of the note programs to give a lecture, the keyboard pops up on the screen when i use the ipad since it is mirrored. Is there a way to disable the mirroring of the keyboard?

Thank you for any responnses given!

H

Unfortunately, the only answer to both your question is: you can't. The iPad shows the letters you enter for a password as a default. I'm sure this is so that, while using a virtual keyboard that you can't feel, you don't make a mistake. Regardless, it's unchangeable behavior. Maybe if you don't turn on mirroring before entering the password?

For the second, again, mirroring only shows what's on the iPad screen. As the keyboard is on the screen, it's going to be mirrored, also. But, have you looked at having the keyboard "disappear" when you're not using it? To do, press the bottom rightmost key (looks like a keyboard with an arrow key under it). As long as you are not using it, the keyboard will go away (a tap in a text-entering field will bring it back).

Or, maybe you can look into a Bluetooth wireless keyboard? When the Bluetooth keyboard is enabled, the virtual, onscreen keyboard does not show in the iPad display. So, it won't be mirrored.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully this helps or someone will be along with more ideas....

Marilyn

Most reactions