What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to ipad

sl8er1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am new to iPad and travel a lot is there anyway I can download movies or stream etc without buying from iTunes or using a computer first?
I do not own a laptop just an iPad

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both Netflix and Hulu Plus offer streaming content for about $8 a month. Netflix is best for movies. Hulu is best for TV series. There are other apps, even a few from the major networks; like ABC. Many of these are free, but do not offer the range of content of the paid accounts. Some only work if you already have a cable subscription to their channel or network.

If you are traveling out of country you may run into blockages. Content licensing is often country or region specific, and most app developers don't like the idea of being sued.

Computer-less downloads are a tougher prospect. I'm sure there are some solutions, but I'm not familiar with any.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix is the cheapest to where you can browse and play lots of movies, but that requires Internet connection I recall.
I've seen some apps for individual movies, or a pack, a couple are free, but most cost something.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
+ 1 for crackle! I use that all the time and it's free from the App store!

OP
S

sl8er1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does crackle content change from time to time?

PadMan2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
either Netflix or iTune. There is no other way I'm afraid.

All I am going to say is that's not quite true. It is amazing what a little research and Google comes up with. I am not going to get into details so please do not ask.

Beemer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I have Dish network I downloaded Dish plus HBOGO and TNT to my Ipad. I get tons of movies and show from there for free.

OP
S

sl8er1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PadMan2 said:
All I am going to say is that's not quite true. It is amazing what a little research and Google comes up with. I am not going to get into details so please do not ask.

Thanks for your help for somebody who is new!,,

Most reactions

Latest posts