What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forum

elmerfudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPAD2, wifi only. NICE! Love it.

Only one problem: IAds are driving me crazy. The world and Texas doesn't need me crazy. Is there anyway to eliminate IAds?

Not a computer wiz. Please talk slow.

THX

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Elmer...I am not sure what you mean about IAds. Can you be more specific?

Also:
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad (original-New), Acessories, Apps, Help, and Apple News.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5 Guideline Manual. iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please do not forget to read the Rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Sonotech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi new to forum and first time ipad user. I was wondering if there is any way to put my mock study exam program on the ipad. I tried using a file transfer app but only the videos transferred. As for the actual mock exam program it said it wasnt supported. I wasnt sure if there is a way to get it on there. I figured it would be easier for me to take the ipad instead of having to take my Mac everywhere. Anyone who can help please email me. Thanks!

Airtent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elmerfudge said:
I have an IPAD2, wifi only. NICE! Love it.

Only one problem: IAds are driving me crazy. The world and Texas doesn't need me crazy. Is there anyway to eliminate IAds?

Not a computer wiz. Please talk slow.

THX

Well if you are accessing websites alot have advertisements on them. You can use the read it later button to remove all of that. If you are talking about the iads that appear in certain apps/games, that usually means you have the free version of said app/game. Some apps have an inapp purchase where you can remove the ads for a one time cost. If you access these forums i suggest to get the ipad app for these forums as that will greatly reduce the amount of advertisements you see. Some apps just don't have any way of removing ads as that is how they advertise their other apps/games or that is how they make money instead of charging for it.

And i agree with you on some of those iads, they can get annoying.

OP
E

elmerfudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. These are news feeds where you link to other news sites. When the new site load, there are these IAds.

Airtent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonotech said:
Hi new to forum and first time ipad user. I was wondering if there is any way to put my mock study exam program on the ipad. I tried using a file transfer app but only the videos transferred. As for the actual mock exam program it said it wasnt supported. I wasnt sure if there is a way to get it on there. I figured it would be easier for me to take the ipad instead of having to take my Mac everywhere. Anyone who can help please email me. Thanks!

Apps downloaded on the mac app store are not compatible with the ipad. The app creator has to make a version of it specifically for the ipad. You could try a google search for an ipad app that is similar or contact the developer and suggest they make a version for ipad. There is also the itunes u app that has lots of learning videos and info on all sorts of topics. Also there isn't a converter for apps, they have to be designed and programmed for a specific operating system (mac/pc/ios).

Airtent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elmerfudge said:
Thanks. These are news feeds where you link to other news sites. When the new site load, there are these IAds.

One way around this since you are into news feeds is get yourself a rss reading app. You can couple this with a google reader account. The rss app cuts out all ads. My fav rss app is mobilerss free version. It does show a tiny ad but it never bothers me. The paid version has no ads. Another decent one is reedler. Just search for rss in the app store and you'll find a bunch. Can also google best 'rss ipad app'. I suggest to first get a free app and try it out.

Once you have the rss app, you sign in with your google reader account. This account is the same as your google email as its all part of the many sections of google. Then you can search for sites in the app to subscribe to news feeds. Example search for tuaw.com (the unofficial apple weblog), or msnbc.com. After you add a few sites you can then read the articles one by one without having to look at annoying ads. The pulse app is another good rss reader with an interesting layout, and its free too. It even lets you browse a ton of news categories divided by several subjects. Hope thats what you are looking for because rss allows me to read tons of articles in a much shorter time versus having to go to all he different websites i like to keep up on.

Most reactions