What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Nook Books not appearing in iBooks

jzwemke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of my other nook book covers (listings, etc) are viewable in my ibooks library, with the exception of a few I just purchased. I've resynched, shut down the ibooks app, etc. Any suggestions?

It's really great this forum is here for those of us coming from the PC age.

Julie

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, books bought for the Nook are sold by Barnes & Noble and are sold with DRM (Digital Rights Management) files attached. So, they will only work with the Nook app.

The odds are that those new books have that DRM on them, that's why you can't open them with the iBooks app. I should imagine that the ones that ARE working in iBooks don't have DRM.

It's a publishing thing, in that publishers load up e-books with DRM so that the e-book can only be read on the bookseller's proprietary e-reader or app. They all do it - Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Kobo, etc. You just have to use their app and it'll be fine. A bit cumbersome, yeah, remembering which app has which book, but, that's the way it is with DRM.

Hope this helped in some way, though it wasn't very encouraging.

Marilyn

Most reactions