What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New, nonipad owner

DUKEMAN1944

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you cans see by the title, I do not own an ipad...yet. Before I make the purchase I thought I'd get some input. First, I live in a rural area with no wi-fi and no cell phone coverage. Second, I am interested in book readers.

Is the iPad for me, or should I go with a Sony Reader or one of the others?

Can the iPad download books via the internet from the library? I have a laptop, do I need an iPad?

Is there going to be a new iPad after the first of the year...should I wait.

Lots of questions.....I would certainly appreciate some help. Thanks

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want only to read.....use your laptop or get something cheaper. BUT........I guarantee that if you do get one, reading will take a back seat to many other things.

That's what happened to me....I haven't knitted a stitch or read a book since I got my iPad in September. I LOVE it!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can download from any wifi connection, but you would struggle if the library only has a wired connection.

We all have laptops, hehe, and yeah, the iPad is really something different. You'll love it.

The question about buy now or later is...difficult. :D

Most reactions