What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bristolian12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am a new member from Ottawa Canada. Received Ipad as a birthday present. Great machine very impressed so far (one week). I have been trying to find a guide for gestures for the touch screen, would appreciate it if any member could assist in directing me to wehe I can find this.

Many thanks.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and the addiction. There is a ton of knowledge here for tips and words to the wise. Good luck to you. I know for me, the 'search' button is my best friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you, I'd been secretly looking for that for a while...

It's neat. I wish I knew people who gifted ipads... I have seen SO many people that bring this up as a method of coming to own one.

Grab some games, try using it as a laptop for a day or two, you'll probably find there isn't much you can't do on it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you, I'd been secretly looking for that for a while...

It's neat. I wish I knew people who gifted ipads... I have seen SO many people that bring this up as a method of coming to own one.

Grab some games, try using it as a laptop for a day or two, you'll probably find there isn't much you can't do on it.

I wish I'd received my iPad that way too. I had to pay for my own, and my wife was complaining about the cost. No way she'd have bought one for me...what am I doing wrong? I'd like that new MacBook Pro too, but I don't think I dare risk it....

Have fun and enjoy your iPad....

Tim
Scotland

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
OK Tim...have ya been taking out the trash, washing dishes, vacuuming, doing the laundry...LOL

I had to buy my own too, so unfortunately had to buy on the lower end, but I figure if I love it and eventually upgrade, then the one I have will go in my Tiki Lounge for recipes. :D

Getting it as a gift would be totally awesome though...we can dream!!! :comingsoon:

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amen on the dream part. LOL

Paid for my own here. That's why I'm uber protective of it. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

bristolian12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another question

Thank you for your comments - Ipad was a 67th birthday present from my wife.

Following the news of the imminent release of Ipad 2 in Canada on 25 March, I returned the one received in order that I can get the new Ipad 2. Only problem is that I am now Ipadless for at least the next 23 days. Ah well the best things in life are worth waiting for.

My question is will I be able to Sync the new Ipad 2 to my current settings in Itunes and use all of the ups and photos and videos that were on the original Ipad1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Following the news of the imminent release of Ipad 2 in Canada on 25 March, I returned the one received in order that I can get the new Ipad 2. Only problem is that I am now Ipadless for at least the next 23 days. Ah well the best things in life are worth waiting for.

My question is will I be able to Sync the new Ipad 2 to my current settings in Itunes and use all of the ups and photos and videos that were on the original Ipad1.

Yes - don't worry - iTunes remembers all your purchases - apps, videos, music etc and you can download them again. I think that most people feel that it will be easy to transfer content (apps, photos, videos, music) from the iPad1 to the iPad2 - Apple would be insane to make this difficult as, otherwise, no one would want to upgrade. But the iPad2 is too new for there to be any definitive information on this yet. But - as I mentioned - worst case, you could download all your apps, videos etc for no cost.

Sorry that you'll have to spend all those days without an iPad.....

Tim

OP
B

bristolian12

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes - don't worry - iTunes remembers all your purchases - apps, videos, music etc and you can download them again. I think that most people feel that it will be easy to transfer content (apps, photos, videos, music) from the iPad1 to the iPad2 - Apple would be insane to make this difficult as, otherwise, no one would want to upgrade. But the iPad2 is too new for there to be any definitive information on this yet. But - as I mentioned - worst case, you could download all your apps, videos etc for no cost.

Sorry that you'll have to spend all those days without an iPad.....

Tim

Day one and already suffering from withdrawal symptons.!!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I wish I'd received my iPad that way too. I had to pay for my own, and my wife was complaining about the cost. No way she'd have bought one for me...what am I doing wrong? I'd like that new MacBook Pro too, but I don't think I dare risk it....

Have fun and enjoy your iPad....

Tim
Scotland

Thanks Tim ScotLand for introducing all new people.

Most reactions

Latest posts