What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member with a Question!

Hugster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning all from London,

Hope everyone is well on this fine day. Since I got an iPad2 a few weeks ago I've been lurking to get the answers to some queries I had, but thought it was time to sign up as I have a question for which I cannot find an answer anywhere on the net! I was going to leave it, but the encouragment to start a thread after signing up twisted my metaphorical arm...

Anyway, to the point - when I'd finished using the iPad this morning I noticed what I thought were marks on one side (furthest from the hinge) of the (grey) smart cover. I realised it wasn't dirt and was something inside the cover - a quick bit of googling told me that these were the magnets. Fair enough, but having had the cover for about six weeks (I'm on the second iPad after a dead pixel on the first), I hadn't noticed this before. It's quite faint, so a picture wouldn't really work, but it's certainly noticable. Only visible from the outside, if you see what I mean. Question is, should I be worried, or is this common? If it's just cosmetic, then I don't mind. One possible contributing factor was that the cover was sitting in some bright sunlight (through a window) for a while, but not very long...

Cheers for any help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure, you'll find several Members have reported this problem and, if it worries you, I'd return the iPad and Smart Cover to an Apple Store and see what their opinion is. Several Members have had their iPads replaced.

Tim

OP
H

Hugster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that - I did do quite a lot of searching on the web for similar problems but couldn't find an answer - maybe I didn't phrase the query correctly. As it happens I've decided (for a number of reasons) to ditch the smart cover and use a third party case, but if I'm going past an Apple store soon I may go and ask someone about it. Thanks for your help.

Most reactions