What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New mail folder for Virgin mail

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have searched on here and also on Virgin Media but cannot for the life of me find out how to make a new folder on my iPad for my emails from my Virgin email account. I know I cannot do it on my iPad but it seems I cannot do it via Virgin Media either. Please can someone put me put of my misery. I want to organise all my emails that are on my Ipad. Does it make any difference that I have two email address on there, one from Virgin and one from Hotmail. ? Many thanks my learned friends

JohnEG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that Everything with Virgin emails is through m.googlemail.com. Wether ntl, blue yonder etc. hope this helps.

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blondey said:
Hi, I have searched on here and also on Virgin Media but cannot for the life of me find out how to make a new folder on my iPad for my emails from my Virgin email account. I know I cannot do it on my iPad but it seems I cannot do it via Virgin Media either. Please can someone put me put of my misery. I want to organise all my emails that are on my Ipad. Does it make any difference that I have two email address on there, one from Virgin and one from Hotmail. ? Many thanks my learned friends

I have no problem creating as many folders as I wish on my iPad 2 Virgin.Net email account. I just go to Mail, click on Virgin and then Edit.

image-435911091.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Welsh Gas but this get more and more bazaar, I did exactly as you said with a big smile on my face and low and behold what I saw was different to the above. I get at the bottom 3 tabs, DELETE. MOVE AND MARK..... There is no where that says NEW FOLDER ? ? ? ? With my hotmail account which is also on my iPad I only need to log on to my hotmail account on my laptop and make as many folders as I want which then show on my iPad. I tried the above with my hotmail account and only the 3 same tabs show ? ? ? ? ?

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I know what is happening. How have you set up you're Virgin account on your iPad, as a POP3 account or as an IMAP account? The function I showed is present on my Virgin account on the iPad as I have it set up as an IMAP account. Virginmedia Email Help has details on how to set up your Virgin Email account as an IMAP ACCOUNT. One hint though. Switch your iPad to Airplane mode while setting up your account.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - iPad 2

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again, my IT manager at work set up my account so I shall ask him to do it for me. Do I need to changed both my accounts to IMAP ?

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your accounts are set up as IMAP accounts, and this has to be done on the iPad BUT also you have to switch on IMAP on your Virgin account ( login to Virginmedia and your email account and go to settings ) then if you set up IMAP accounts on your laptop/PC you would find that what you did on one device would be copied to the other device thus keeping emails upto date on both devices. Reply to an email on one device and the sent email would appear on the other device etc; . Delete on one device would delete on both. Remember when setting up IMAP switch iPad to Airline Mode until after all the setup has been completed.

OP
B

Blondey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Welsh Gas, now all sorted, have got new mail folders but it has thrown up another problem, when I open an email in a folder it disappears. I have lost some I needed to keep. Again no idea what is happening.

Welsh Gas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted. Sorry cannot help with the latest problem. Have the emails actually gone? You do realise that the Mail app only shows the last 50 emails by default. This can be altered in Settings-Mail.

Most reactions

Latest posts