What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad

fgcook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking at going to an iPad2 soon and what to know what is involved with moving the accounts from my old iPad over to the new one. I understand that I can do a backup and then restore everything to the new on, but what about the data account?:confused:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
What data account? Restoring from backup of your old iPad will recreate everything on the new one. Contacts, email, apps etc.

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I were you, I would wait for the iPad 3. After watching many tech reviews and trying it out myself, the iPad 2 is almost exactly the same as the first, with the exception of being slimmer and available in two colours.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camoman12 said:
If I were you, I would wait for the iPad 3. After watching many tech reviews and trying it out myself, the iPad 2 is almost exactly the same as the first, with the exception of being slimmer and available in two colours.

And two cameras and a faster processor and dedicated graphics?

The Archangel

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camoman12 said:

And two cameras and a faster processor and dedicated graphics?

The Archangel

Lol, other than FaceTime, the camera in an iPad is pointless, especially when almost everyone has a phone or camera as it is. No one would buy the second iPad for more than $100 extra just for a camera. The processor I found, for running most games anyway, is as good as the first. And for the graphics, unless the iPads were side by side, I don't think you'd notice the difference :p

So, IMO, until the iPad 3 comes out, you might as well save over $100 unless you're a major techie and notice those tiny things.

P.S. I'm not putting the iPad 2 down, I'm just saying it's not as innovative or amazing as they claim and is actually almost the same as the first.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camoman12 said:
Lol, other than FaceTime, the camera in an iPad is pointless, especially when almost everyone has a phone or camera as it is. No one would buy the second iPad for more than $100 extra just for a camera. The processor I found, for running most games anyway, is as good as the first. And for the graphics, unless the iPads were side by side, I don't think you'd notice the difference :p

So, IMO, until the iPad 3 comes out, you might as well save over $100 unless you're a major techie and notice those tiny things.

P.S. I'm not putting the iPad 2 down, I'm just saying it's not as innovative or amazing as they claim and is actually almost the same as the first.

I tend to agree with you, for me the iPad 1 does all I need so I'm sticking with it until 3 is released however, the cameras may be pointless to you and me but certainly not others (its like the first time they put headlights on a car, just because you don't drive at night doesn't mean that others wont) and as for the processor and graphics as time goes on there will be more and more apps designed which will take advantage of these and will not run well or at all on iPad 1, that's just the way legacy works. To say iPad 2 is only thinner and in two colours is obviously incorrect.

Anyway, the OP wasn't asking if they should, they said they were upgrading so it all becomes a mute point.

Thread unhijacked!

The Archangel

OP
F

fgcook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have the luxury of waiting. Have a new employee who needs and iPad. Guess what - the guy paying gets the newer version (me). I am sure when 3 comes out I will have the same situation.

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you, for me the iPad 1 does all I need so I'm sticking with it until 3 is released however, the cameras may be pointless to you and me but certainly not others (its like the first time they put headlights on a car, just because you don't drive at night doesn't mean that others wont) and as for the processor and graphics as time goes on there will be more and more apps designed which will take advantage of these and will not run well or at all on iPad 1, that's just the way legacy works. To say iPad 2 is only thinner and in two colours is obviously incorrect.

Anyway, the OP wasn't asking if they should, they said they were upgrading so it all becomes a mute point.

Thread unhijacked!

The Archangel

Good points ^_^, and yeah, sorry for takin' over your thread here man.

Most reactions

Latest posts