What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad without FaceTime

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just need info on why my New iPad does not have FaceTime when yesterday Apple updated my Software to iOS6 there was an option on which you would like to update and I saw FaceTime there but I had to click the first one which included Siri and iCloud because I couldn't do it simultaneously. Now I am looking for FaceTime and I cannot see it. I thought it would both be installed!

I bought this from UAE so yes the FaceTime was Blocked but my MacBook Pro has it! I am now in the UK. Why is this so?! Thank you!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just scroll to the leftmost home screen, type in Facetime into the search box, and it will be there.

OP
A

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I did that just now and the last one there was this iPF... I searched in and it isn't there... Do you think I could ever get update notice again and maybe I could install it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Altha said:
Hi,

I did that just now and the last one there was this iPF... I searched in and it isn't there... Do you think I could ever get update notice again and maybe I could install it?

FaceTime was never installed in iPads destined for sale in the UAE as the government wouldn't allow it. Since FaceTime is a feature of iOS, it's not available in the App Store for download and would likely not be added to your iPad during an iOS update.

OP
A

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh okay... How come i have it on my macbook pro? Is this weird or what?

Thanks for the info by the way. I thought things might change if Im in UK. Dang.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Altha said:
Oh okay... How come i have it on my macbook pro? Is this weird or what?

Thanks for the info by the way. I thought things might change if Im in UK. Dang.

Maybe the OS setup is different for laptops?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FaceTime was never installed in iPads destined for sale in the UAE as the government wouldn't allow it. Since FaceTime is a feature of iOS, it's not available in the App Store for download and would likely not be added to your iPad during an iOS update.

So if the OP updates to iOS6 while in the UK will it come? Or is it marked for life as UAE and thus restricted for life?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
So if the OP updates to iOS6 while in the UK will it come? Or is it marked for life as UAE and thus restricted for life?

I'm not sure. The easiest way to find out would be to update to iOS 6 and see, but that would leave the OP stuck there if he didn't like it.

BIBO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys
i just need to know how should i update my jailbroken ipad 3?
and if yes how to do it ?

OP
A

Altha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did upgrade to iOS6 but as I have described above I thought even Facetime was included since I saw in my notifications that not only Siri will be installed but could not click on it simultaneously as it showed me two buttons.

There should be a way to have it done......

Most reactions