What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad user with some questions seeking help :)

ashraf.mazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there ,

I just got an iPad yesterday people and i am so excited about it :) . need some help from experts to fully maximize my usage of the iPad . here the following questions and i am hoping someone can help me

1- I knew that by itunes you can copy videos and movies (Ipad extensions) direct to my iPad but here is my question , i download lots of Movies and TV series (torrents) on my PC and external hard , mostly the extension is .avi , can i copy these movies to my iPad without converting and can i use subtitles during watching a movie ?

2- second i downloaded lots of reading material to use on my new device , (Pdfs , other book extensions and word files ) unfortunately i don't know how to copy these files to iPad

3-Any new help guides or advises for new apps or something would be really appreciated

Thanks alot :)
Ashraf

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
1- I knew that by itunes you can copy videos and movies (Ipad extensions) direct to my iPad but here is my question , i download lots of Movies and TV series (torrents) on my PC and external hard , mostly the extension is .avi , can i copy these movies to my iPad without converting and can i use subtitles during watching a movie ?

This is piracy, this is illegal, this will for sure not be answered here.

2- second i downloaded lots of reading material to use on my new device , (Pdfs , other book extensions and word files ) unfortunately i don't know how to copy these files to iPad
You could send this to your own email and open it from there.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another alternative option for question #2 is to use Dropbox. That's how I got a lot of my PDFs onto my iPad. Works like a charm.

OP
A

ashraf.mazen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is piracy, this is illegal, this will for sure not be answered here.

Thanks for the reply mate , what if i want to convert or copy non-pirated stuff ? any advice , i bought some original Movie DVDs and still can't copy them to the Ipad .

You could send this to your own email and open it from there.

And about sending them , can i download them to my iPad and use them offline then or would please tell me how else would i use these reading materials offline as i have an Wifi only Ipad

Thanks again :)

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Sorry, seems I understood the
ashraf.mazen said:
i download lots of Movies and TV series (torrents) on my PC and external hard , mostly the extension is .avi
part wrong...

For all your legally bought and torrented movies and series you will need to find a converter - search is your friend also here on the forum, there are a couple of threads about it.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts