What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad screen bleed - hugely dissapointed

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paid out £559 for my new iPad white 64gb wifi , got it home and loaded everything up wow what a difference between the iPad 2
I was very impressed until I came to use the iPad last night .... On the iPad 2 I suffered screen bleed on the sides and also could see the backlight when I looked at the iPad 2 when flat ... Surely I thought apple had sorted it ... Wrong was I

Turned on my new iPad last night SAME PROBLEM ! Surely apple would have learned ?

Why is the new retina display suffering from screen bleed I thought it was a new all singing and dancing screen ?

What bothers me is that apple will only replace the iPad once for screen bleed but u won't know if the new one has screen bleed until apple replace it ... This isn't good for something I've had one day !

Is there a major issue with the new iPad like the iPad 2 ?

Should I not bother replacing it via apple ? Is it such a major problem ?

Apart from that WOW it's amazing :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There have been some users complaining about light bleed, but the majority are satisfied. It appears that the chances of getting a bad one are about 0.0175%. Somebody worked it out and posted it, so your chances of getting another bad one are pretty remote.

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
There have been some users complaining about light bleed, but the majority are satisfied. It appears that the chances of getting a bad one are about 0.0175%. Somebody worked it out and posted it, so your chances of getting another bad one are pretty remote.

I'll have a bash at replacement then .. Perhaps I should put lottery on also you never know such a small percentage and I get a duff screen perhaps same chance on uk lottery :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you stand more chance with the iPad than you do with the lottery. Good luck with both.

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I think you stand more chance with the iPad than you do with the lottery. Good luck with both.

:) I know but I'd be happy with perfect new ipad

L

Lunar

Just return it to the Apple store in Trafford Park, and they will swap it without any problem, within first 2 weeks, or of course you can have a refund.
if you wish to check the new one in store before coming away, your'll need to put a coat or something over your head & iPad otherwise it'll be almost impossible to tell in the store, unless it's really bad.

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've booked appt Tuesday .. Here are some pics the screen is bad

Attachments

• image-4032802781.jpg
    image-4032802781.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 725
  • image-3016145028.jpg
    image-3016145028.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 653
  • image-2102624488.jpg
    image-2102624488.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 598
L

Lunar

That's not lighting bleed its a severe lighting haemorrhage :-(( , thats the worst I've seen on here so far. As stated thats a definate severe fault.. That will be seen all the time.. not just in a darkened room. Don't blame you for being annoyed, thats is ridicious, it's barely useable.. Hope you have more luck with your next one

Last edited by a moderator:

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
0.0175%? Wow, that's a big number if 5M+ x0.0175% = 87500 affected users and counting..
I have to check mine too. If it exhibit the same problem, man I'll demand for a replacement, to enable myself sell it at a better price before getting other tablet.

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't remember which thread I said that percentage.. trying to remember what exactly I multiplied to get that.

Regardless, its pretty much a lottery.. the percentage is pretty slim. Even though you think you have the problem it could always be a pebcak :D

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NewForce said:
0.0175%? Wow, that's a big number if 5M+ x0.0175% = 87500 affected users and counting..
I have to check mine too. If it exhibit the same problem, man I'll demand for a replacement, to enable myself sell it at a better price before getting other tablet.

It may be a big number but it's still a very small chance. It's like worrying about any number of unlikely things that could happen to you. Some people are incapacitated by such thoughts. Let's not be those people.

PaulCarleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
I've booked appt Tuesday .. Here are some pics the screen is bad

That's just so wrong on so many levels. There's no question that's unacceptable.

Most reactions