What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Pre-orders begin today!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad3-march16.jpg

Apple will open up pre-orders today for the new Apple iPad. The price structure will stay the same as previous generations with the new iPad 16gb wi-fi model starting at $499, 32gb wi-fi $599, 64gb wi-fi $799. If you want 4G iPad it's $629, $729 and $829. The new iPad will be available March 16th with a black or white color choice.

So who has their credit card ready for the pre-order? Let us know here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-forum/66698-official-i-pre-ordered-my-ipad-3-thread.html#post469342

Source: Engadget

Last edited by a moderator:

kenmla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is always foremost churning inventory -- hence no 128 GB IPad

Typical for Apple --- they put out models in 1/2 stages. They hope to get people to buy the newest release, even though it still is limited to 64 GB (I only have 5 left on mine) and in about 6 months they will probably release a 128 GB version, thus two sales events. It just shows that Apple cares most about MONEY -- no wonder they have so much cash at hand. I will wait for the 128 GB model. Hey, Gordon Gecko --- is greed really all that good? Ask the families of the Foxcon employees also. :mad:

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wright , what time Eastern. Did it proceed to start pre orders?

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slimseven said:
Wright , what time Eastern. Did it proceed to start pre orders?

I went with. A 32 gig this time. Seems 64 is so much for me on this ip2. Black , engraved " I love my wife ". So she feels better when balancing our checkbook this month.
Hope it works. I might have to turn this ip2 over to her also. The ipad3 she will not have. That's what I call it and what I will always call it. Not. " the new iPad ". Steve must be rolling his eyes up there over this stupid name . As long as the quality is Steve Jobs level quality I am satisfied.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Darkstar2007 said:
iPad 32GB black here I come! :D!!

I'm a tad envious, would love one, but just can't justify it. Daughter ordered hers earlier, so I can play with hers. Well I hope I can! :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
I'm a tad envious, would love one, but just can't justify it. Daughter ordered hers earlier, so I can play with hers. Well I hope I can! :)

Make sure you ask to do so!!! ;)

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Typical for Apple --- they put out models in 1/2 stages. They hope to get people to buy the newest release, even though it still is limited to 64 GB (I only have 5 left on mine) and in about 6 months they will probably release a 128 GB version, thus two sales events. It just shows that Apple cares most about MONEY -- no wonder they have so much cash at hand. I will wait for the 128 GB model. Hey, Gordon Gecko --- is greed really all that good? Ask the families of the Foxcon employees also. :mad:

I take you've never bought a new car? To get closer to the subject at hand, in 1973-4 Hewlett Packard brought out the first LED "pocket" calculator. It cost $400. A year later they brought out the second model, much improved and with many more features/functions. It also cost $400. That's the way electronic technology works.

P.S. - Don't buy the 128 gb model - the 256 gb model will be out a few months after that...

P.P.S. - People stood in line for hours to put their employment application in with Foxconn, so, YES, ASK THE FAMILIES OF FOXCONN EMPLOYEES.

But, keep looking. You can always find something to b**** about...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Make sure you ask to do so!!! ;)

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

I'll have to, as I know she'll Passcode lock it! But I've got a shoe in at least, it's our belated birthday present for her. ;)

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a black 64GB + 4G. I would have bought an earlier iPad version but waited until they came out with a display that matched those of my 4 and 4S phones. I'm so glad apple put Retina Display technology into the new iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts