What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad owner! Help with mp3 DL's / wireless sync?

kryptykk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the site, but from what I have read, you guys seem both extremely helpful and friendly! That being said, I am still trying to wade through the seemingly endless myriad of apps this thing has to offer! Here is my problem:

I regularly visit sites/blogs that post mp3's to listen to, and usually, a link to download. As I am on the road, I do not have the capability to download them from my computer, so my iPad is my only option. On my computer I can usually Right Click --> Save-As and it downloads, and I can just bring it into iTunes and sync.

So, is there any way for me to download these mp3's, and then sync them with my computer when I get home, either wirelessly or wired? Even emailing individual song downloads I would take.

Hope you guys have some tips for me, and I hope you all have a great day!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPAD is not a computer. When you download a song, it will just play it, while with a computer it'll download it, for later listening.
Maybe there is some way to do it , but I don't know. Never had that problem.\My iPAD is loaded with songs, that can go on almost for ever.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of the things you are asking to do are easily available if you are jailbroken. You can use Dtunes and the Safari download plugin to download and play music on your iPad. You can wirelessly sync as well. If you are not jailbroken I'm pretty sure there is no way to wirelessly sync. As far as downloading MP3's there may be a solution but I haven't run across it.

OP
K

kryptykk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I am jailbroken! Can you explain to me the steps I need to take to download an mp3 from say, beemp3.com, to my iPad and then to my computer?

I am at work and have no way of trying, but it would be great to be able to go home and follow some great instructions!

Thanks guys =]

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, this is how it works on my iPod Touch. I am not currently jailbroken on my iPad so I can't verify that everything works the same.

(1) Install the Safari download plugin (Cydia)
(2) Install Dtunes (Cydia)
(3) Reboot
(4) Open Dtunes
(5) Click the "Search" Icon
(6) In the address bar type in your music site
(7) Find a tune you like and click the download button.
(8) Save the file when prompted
(9) Open the "Browse" section of Dtunes and play.

To transfer the songs to your PC, the easiest way is to use iFile and simply copy the songs over to your hard drive.

Last edited:
OP
K

kryptykk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had a virtual cookie to give you, you would be enjoying it right now.

Cheers! =]

Most reactions

Latest posts