What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad official Facebook app and Apple wireless keyboard

NickyG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new iPad Facebook app doesn't work with my wireless keyboard. It is SO annoying, because otherwise I like it better than MyPad. I can post a new message or status or comment, but I can't reply to anything. When I try to reply, there is a space to type, but no "send" button. When I turn bluetooth off, there is a "send" button. But I need a way to send with the keyboard on. If I press "enter", I just go down a line of text.

Has anyone seen this? It's frustrating.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, without trying it myself, which I will probably do later, I have one suggestion.

Whenever your bluetooth keyboard is active, and you are typing in a field, there should be a small keyboard icon at the lower right of your iPad. If you tap that the touch keyboard should popup, and hopefully your send button will appear also.

It should at least save your from having to turn the keyboard off.

OP
N

NickyG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't a keyboard icon in that spot when using the Facebook app, and if there were I think it would be in the same place as where the send button should be.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried this with an iPad1 and an Apple wireless keyboard. Yep, there is no "Send" button on a reply (I tried adding to a line of comments, then I tried to add to a message).

However, when I press the button on the physical keyboard to bring up the on-screen keyboard (on the Apple keyboard, its the up arrow key on the furthest top right side) - up comes the keyboard anda send button is now displayed next to the text box where I just entered the text.

Is it great, no, but at least it's a work-a-round. I suggest sending a bug report to the Facebook developers, cause you shouldn't have to do this work-a-round.

Regardless, this ought to help, yeah?

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oops. There is no keyboard button on the screen. I don't know where I got that from. I should have taken the time to set up the keyboard and look.

Thanks for mentioning the CD eject key, Marilyn. I should have, but hesitated, not knowing if the OP had a keyboard with that option.

Alejrivas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're splitting the keyboard, unsplit it you will see the send button

ksheakshea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the on-screen keyboard to pop up when using a Kensignton key folio keyboard? This not being able to send a reply on fb is driving me crazy! thanks Karen

jy20051992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whenever i post a status on facebook from Facebook app then open facebook in safari it say posted from mobile...
from were i can get the signature that it is posted from ipad 2 ???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
whenever i post a status on facebook from Facebook app then open facebook in safari it say posted from mobile...
from were i can get the signature that it is posted from ipad 2 ???

It's something that the FaceBook site does itself when it detects you've used a mobile device or app. I've never found a way to change it.

Most reactions

Latest posts