What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad issues gone!!!

Tman904

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought about taking my new iPad back but I loved the new features so much that I didn't want to. Just like anyone else i felt my new iPad getting too warm battery seemed like it did last long. So I decided to try something. My second day of owning my new iPad I drained my battery down completely during the day then fully charged it back up at night. I did this for a week. Since than I can run my brightness at 100% without getting hot my battery even last like it should now comparing it to my iPad 1 there both equal now. Maybe you guys should try this!!

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've also read that when charging the new iPad it isn't fully charged when it says 100% that once it reaches the 100% mark to go ahead and charge it for another hour to "fill it to the top"

intro2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
best thing is to let your iPad charge overnight I think, as it does take a while to get "fully" charged. They leave a margin of error at 100% so the battery doesn't catch fire or swell or do any of the things that batteries do if they're charged too quickly, so leaving it charging for a while after it reaches 100% is a good idea. I think apple has battery care guidelines on their site, google them, I recall they suggest letting your battery run down completely once a month or something similar, but verify that for yourself.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
You do not need to run the batteries down. They do not have memory like the older ones

I was having a quick draining battery compared to my first gen. Over the weekend I drained it to 5% and recharged. Well ever since the recharge, my battery drains much slower if my battery meter is accurate. Draining mine obviously did something - not sure what, but it's for the better...so far.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes I generally follow Apple's advice as well and try to drain mine until it actually shuts off about once a month.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed the heat issue with 100% brightness but did a full discharge and recharge and now have not been able to replicate the heat issue. Not entirely sure exactly why this is.

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
Yes I generally follow Apple's advice as well and try to drain mine until it actually shuts off about once a month.

Can't go wrong there. When mine arrived it was 85% full. I ran it down until it shut down before I ever plugged it up to the charger, then left it to charge overnight after it showed 100%. It will go a good 10 hours before getting down to 1%. I don't play games on it but I am on the internet a lot and upload videos to Dropbox. When on WiFi I turn off cellular data and when on cellular data I turn off WiFi. I'm very satisfied with the battery.

Edit: I leave the brightness at around 60%.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Last edited:
OP
Tman904

Tman904

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
You do not need to run the batteries down. They do not have memory like the older ones

I don't know bout that. Why do you say that?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know bout that. Why do you say that?

Yeah, I think that is a nistake because even Apple's website as posted in this thread suggests draining the battery on a monthly basis. There have been conflicting reports and it's easy to get confused on these so it's always best to follow each manufacturer's specific directions!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
Yeah, I think that is a nistake because even Apple's website as posted in this thread suggests draining the battery on a monthly basis. There have been conflicting reports and it's easy to get confused on these so it's always best to follow each manufacturer's specific directions!

Read Gabriel's reply in this thread posted earlier. He posted a link to Apple's website regarding draining the battery. Draining the battery is to recalibrate the battery meter. NOT to condition the battery.

OP
Tman904

Tman904

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Read Gabriel's reply in this thread posted earlier. He posted a link to Apple's website regarding draining the battery. Draining the battery is to recalibrate the battery meter. NOT to condition the battery.

Does condition battery prolong life and yes it does recalibrate battery to read accurate

HiredGuns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah the battery technology as of late do not need to drain out batteries anymore. it's been like that for a couple of years with the new gadgets.

Battery makers got past that memory effect years ago. Do some research.

Most reactions

Latest posts