What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad first charge

tommo2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

Im picking up my new iPad today :) and I am wondering what are people's views regarding the first charge? Its my first iPad so can anyone tell me if it comes half charged (like my phone did) or fully charged?

Thanks

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine was 93% charged. I ran it down and the charged it back up again.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine came charged at 89% and lasted me a few days before I first charged it.

Sent from my iPad 3

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine was like 86% charged. Then I prompted charged it to 100%.

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine also came charged at 89 percent. It lasted quite a while before it needed to be charged

L

Lunar

It does'nt matter... use whats in it, and give it a good charge. I would however advise a full charge about once a month, otherwise as and when you want to.

Think of it like your car... a good run probably does it more good that lots of short runs..lol

kadman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard that lithium ion batteries like to be charged. So if you use it during the day and plug it in at night, it will always be ready. My daughter has done that with the first iPhone and it's still working today just fine.

Kadman

iJD3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
87% plugged it in straight away out of the box to fully charge it. Ran it down to 0% ( took me 3 weeks!) fully charged it again. Just keep doing that to get the best life out of your iPad battery.

Most reactions

Latest posts