What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad App Lets You Interact With Van Gogh’s The Starry Night Painting

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[video=vimeo;39353818]http://vimeo.com/39353818[/video]​

Engadget reports today on a fascinating new app that enables you to interact with one of Vincent Van Gogh’s best loved paintings. The Starry Night Interactive Animation app enables you to take your finger and swirl around the “paint†that looks like it was just made to be swirled, and you can also swipe the “paint†across the screen with three fingers. Watch as the painting is turned into a living, flowing entity, with a musical accompaniment that responds to the flow of the painting. The app is based on creator Petros Vrellis’ popular installation, and both installation and app were made with openframeworks. Both versions of the interactive artwork have been very well received, and in fact Vrellis was persuaded to make the iPad version by all the favourable comments about the initial installation. When responding to comments on his Vimeo page, Vrellis said the following:

“I deeply respect Van Gogh’s work.â€

Click here to download the app for $1.99: Starry Night Interactive Animation for iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G on the iTunes App Store

Source: PSA: Interactive Starry Night now available for the iPad (video) -- Engadget, iTunes

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about getting this when I first read about it when I saw it on a tech blog, but I got bored watching the demo video, lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts