What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ipad 2

kathycat17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, please help..... just picked up new ipad2 today - when i press the on button, it comes up with a picture of the charger cord - pointing to i-tunes symbol. ...... i don't know what to do...... have turned it off and on - but no different......tks kathy

Darkpath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kathycat17 said:
hi, please help..... just picked up new ipad2 today - when i press the on button, it comes up with a picture of the charger cord - pointing to i-tunes symbol. ...... i don't know what to do...... have turned it off and on - but no different......tks kathy

Hope you found a solution to your problem. I just got an ipad2 as well. This notification sounds like you need to plug in the charger. Instead of turning it off, try plugging it in, and then hit the the button on the face of the Ipad2 instead of the on/off. That should back you out of the current screen and take you back to the main start up screen.

God luck! DP

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kathycat17 said:

Hi and welcome to the forum!

This is really common for first time users, so don't panic:) the process for getting up and running is actually printed on a small card in the box, but I will try and walk you through it step by step

1. First thing to do is to switch on your PC or laptop, and connect to the Internet.

2) As it says on the card, download the latest version of iTunes (unless you have it already) from :

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Once downloaded, start it on your PC or Laptop

3) Once installed, connect the cable supplied in the box ( the White one) to the iPad at one end (the wide multi pin connector) and to the USB port at the other.

4) Once connected, you will be asked to name your new iPad, and to create an account with iTunes which is how you save, transfer photos, music in fact everything to and from your iPad and PC

Try these steps first and post back anytime if you have problems.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Jeff. You're ahead of me all day..

Good Advice - yes, you need to initialise your iPad first of all - if you're worried by this, take it to any Apple Store and they'll do it for you.

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim....If I make a copy of the instructions on the card ( it really wouldn't kill Apple to make it just a tiny bit bigger) could this then just be copied and pasted in for such postings?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds good to me - I think a lot of people expect the iPad to work 'straight out of the box'.

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I have a neighbour who bought an iPad and doesn't have a PC......

Tim

Don't go there :) or it might yet happen today!

applepeeler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Don't go there :) or it might yet happen today!

When I bought my iPad I didn't have a PC at home due to the fact someone nicked it!!

The people in the Apple store However were excellent they set everything up for me in the store, same applied when I bought my iPhone and iMac

Just wish they didn't tell porkies when I asked them if a new model was just over the horizon, especially when they were well aware I had no way of finding out ie no access to the Internet. So what happened two weeks later I read new model of iMac is now out!! Not a happy camper, especially having just parted with £1900. Sorry to have strayed off the subject!!

OP
K

kathycat17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok...... problem solved.....thanks for everyones suggestions....... turns out i was running itunes 10.1 and i need to update to 10.2. i couldn't update this at home because my laptop 'belongs' to my place of work..... and i had to update through my work 'server'...... the i.t. guys at work were particularly helpful..... am loving my ipad2.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uninstalling Apps

I am a new member and wanted to know how you uninstall an app
Buzzy23

You can uninstall purchased apps by holding down the icon until it stats to shake.

Then tap the "X" this will remove the app from your ipad, but not from itunes. In order to prevent itunes from re-installing the app every time you sync, open itunes, click the "APpps" tab and untick the app you do not want installed on next sysnc.

Bear in mind that pre-installed apps such as Safari, Notes> calender etc, can not be removed as they are part of the Apple OS.

Hope this helps :)

Further information about your ipad can be obtained from:
Apple - Support - Manuals

And a quick read of the forum rules at:

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Please post any questions you may have, lot's of people here ready to help

Most reactions

Latest posts