What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iOS update SOUND issues. HELP PLEASE!

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its NOT a life or death issue, but when I updated to the latest iOS a couple days ago, I lost some of my sounds. The shut-down, log out, keyboard key clicks, password lock, AND the charging "bling" sounds are not there anymore! When I went to my iPad settings "general" location to the sounds, it shows that it IS set to the "on" setting. Did this happen to anyone else? However, video and iPod music still can be heard. HELP!

OP
CupcakeKiller702

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get what you're saying.. the only thing thats near the home button is the port to plug in the cord for charging. I don't see any MUTE switch anywhere.

OP
CupcakeKiller702

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you serious? I didn't know that was changed? Can u still lock rotate too? How do u do that now? Thanks. I had NO idea. LOL

OP
CupcakeKiller702

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, there you have it! I didn't know they pulled a fast one on me. Alas, I suppose I have yet to unleash the full potential of this marvelous,mystical over-priced drink coaster. That did the trick! :)

coregeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.coregeek.net
Rotation lock is now in the apps tray. Double click home button then swipe to the right. You should see the screen lock on the left side along with other "quick" controls.

OP
CupcakeKiller702

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I just joined this forum today, for a little help. And I got it, so thanks Numb! And thanks for the sarcasm SuperBike, that was A LOT of help. Isn't that what the forum is for? No need to be snarky. Everyone starts out new at some point.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I just joined this forum today, for a little help. And I got it, so thanks Numb! And thanks for the sarcasm SuperBike, that was A LOT of help. Isn't that was the forum is for? No need to be snarky. What a warm welcome.

LOL! Tell us how you really feel, CcK. Love the name, btw.;) Welcome and don't mind SuperBike ~ someone stole his cookie and he needs another.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wasn't sarcasm or meant to be demeaning at all. Most of the time people don't read release notes or update notes. If you had read them, you would have seen right away that the function of the switch had changed. Right?

I was saying if more people read the release notes, we would probably have about 1/2 or less of the complaint posts about 4.2.1.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't even know what a release note and update note IS, or where it IS. :(:eek:

I would just search this forum and take out a thread if I wanted. How about a cupcake instead?

Most reactions

Latest posts