What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new here

loaderopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am brand new to the Ipad world. And still feeling my way around this handy little contraption. Having some issues with PDF.docs My i phone 4 reads them okay but the screen is so small i bought this i pad 3G model. and set it up with wireless, Since there is not much wi-fi around most times.

Any how i am new here and hope to learn more about the ipad

Michael

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
L

loaderopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome

This site has some good info on the ipad for sure, spent some time looking around. I picked up some tricks i was not aware of.

But it has also raised some questions, or terms i do not understand yet!

Jail broken ? I have seen this term used for both Iphone and ipad.

OP
L

loaderopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, Michael! Clever name.:)

lol my handle came from my job. front end loader operator. Now i just do the site survey work. That is why i bought the ipad. Now i just need to carry a handy little tablet with the site drawing instead of a 36x24 72 page 15 pound roll of papers. That the wind raises all ##### with.

And with the 3G i get site changes and field updates on the fly. It's so much better.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
loaderopp said:
This site has some good info on the ipad for sure, spent some time looking around. I picked up some tricks i was not aware of.

But it has also raised some questions, or terms i do not understand yet!

Jail broken ? I have seen this term used for both Iphone and ipad.

Have a flick through the hacking forums, lots of good info and advice about jail breaking over there.....and a surprisingly friendly lot they are too!

loaderopp said:
lol my handle came from my job. front end loader operator. Now i just do the site survey work. That is why i bought the ipad. Now i just need to carry a handy little tablet with the site drawing instead of a 36x24 72 page 15 pound roll of papers. That the wind raises all ##### with.

And with the 3G i get site changes and field updates on the fly. It's so much better.

Oh, walking around a wind blown site with a roll of drawings.....I can sympathise, been there, done it!

The Archangel

OP
L

loaderopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh, in other words it means they have been messed with. I seen that term used while i was looking around for a good PDF doc reader. A few of the drawings i had in PDF would just show up as blank pages, with logo and then part of one page out of nine pages.

OP
L

loaderopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Michael and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

The Archangel

Not intrested in doing that or having it done! Just seen the term used and wondered what it ment. One of my hobbies is building of road trucks and jeeps, for back country off roading. a term we use alot and confuses new guy's is S,O,A or S,U,A ( spring over axle ) or Spring Under Axle.

All this new style phones and tablets are all new to me. I replaced a flip phone i had been using for over 10 years, because it got run over. I did my first text message 24 days ago today. the young guy that helped me out in the cell store. reffered to my old phone as a horse and buggy unit.

Most reactions

Latest posts