What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here, question

rauldomich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First i´d like to say hi everybody,

I´ve never had an Ipad before, I got mine today. (Used 64 gig, no 3g) for a very decent price ($400.00) the guy I got it from had just bought it in Jan this year, so is fairly new.

Now I have a couple of questions.

1.- When I open the settings it says "Joe's Ipad", I´m not joe...can I change that?

2.- I'm at my office don´t know how to look for the wifi conection, it just wants to find the one at Joe´s?

3.- Joe is hispanic, so the ipad is in spanish, can I change it to english.

I don´t know if a hard reboot (don´t know how to do it either), will take care of this, although it´s got a lot of apps already installed which I wouldn´t want to lose.

I know this is a lot of questions, but maybe for the experienced user, this is real simple.

Appreciate the help in advance.

RD

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rauldomich said:
First i´d like to say hi everybody,

I´ve never had an Ipad before, I got mine today. (Used 64 gig, no 3g) for a very decent price ($400.00) the guy I got it from had just bought it in Jan this year, so is fairly new.

Now I have a couple of questions.

1.- When I open the settings it says "Joe's Ipad", I´m not joe...can I change that?

2.- I'm at my office don´t know how to look for the wifi conection, it just wants to find the one at Joe´s?

3.- Joe is hispanic, so the ipad is in spanish, can I change it to english.

I don´t know if a hard reboot (don´t know how to do it either), will take care of this, although it´s got a lot of apps already installed which I wouldn´t want to lose.

I know this is a lot of questions, but maybe for the experienced user, this is real simple.

Appreciate the help in advance.

RD

If you go into the settings app, then thevwi-fi tab it should show you the available connections, click on the one you use then follow the instructions,

You can change the language by settings, general, international..........you may also need to change the keyboard which is also on the general page.

Not sure about the name, I think you can change this in iTunes on your pc/mac.

Hope that helps.

The Archangel

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are two things that will help you a lot. 1st when you go to iPad Forums through google you will get the Internet version of the forum. It's the best way to get to the forum because the other way that puts an icon on your home screen doesn't show the full pages. Now here 's the most helpful. There is a guide you can down load for .99 cents from the kindle page on Amazon.com called THE IPAD SURVIVAL GUIDE. It puts how to do things in a step by step simple format much better than the Apple version but I use that one too. Other sources for it are on Google. Namaste, Jeanée

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

One problem you're going to have is that, every so often, the apps on your iPad will want to 'update'. The iPad checks when you're connected to the Internet to see if updates/upgrades are possible and prompts you with a 'callout' from the 'App Store' icon on the iPad's screen. These updates are free - that's the good news - but you'll need an iTunes account to get them - that's the bad news, because presumably these apps were originally bought using Joe's iTunes account and you (presumably) don't have the details or password (which the App Store will ask you for). I don't know what would happen if you set up your own iTunes account; will the App Store let you update apps bought on another account - I would doubt it - perhaps another, more experienced, Forum member knows how this works?

I think the other posts made here - regarding finding WiFi networks, changing the keyboard language and the iPad name pretty much hit-the-spot and answer the other questions you were asking. However, don't hesitate to get back to us if you require any further help or clarification.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts