What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy

Marine 47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just broke down and got an iPad 2 this was done after agonizing for 9 months on whether or not to spend the money. I waited until a camera was available so I could video chat with my children and grandchildren--I'm an old guy :).
I am a little disappointed that I cannot use "gmail video chat" on the iPad but guess that I will get everyone on Skype as they do not have Apple products and Face Time is Apple only.:confused:
I have already had a problem with iBook icon changing and am unable to read the title of the book I put on the shelf.
I own an iPod 4th gen and an iMac and to date have been pleased with the Apple line of products. Looking forward to being an active member of the Forum and learning tricks for the iPad--but not "jailbreaking."

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I just broke down and got an iPad 2 this was done after agonizing for 9 months on whether or not to spend the money. I waited until a camera was available so I could video chat with my children and grandchildren--I'm an old guy :).
I am a little disappointed that I cannot use "gmail video chat" on the iPad but guess that I will get everyone on Skype as they do not have Apple products and Face Time is Apple only.:confused:
I have already had a problem with iBook icon changing and am unable to read the title of the book I put on the shelf.
I own an iPod 4th gen and an iMac and to date have been pleased with the Apple line of products. Looking forward to being an active member of the Forum and learning tricks for the iPad--but not "jailbreaking."

Welcome to the forum Marine 47! This forum community are so friendly, everyone is out there to help you with any questions/problems you have and are always interested in any thread you create yourself.

Being an iPad 1 owner I can't help you out with the G-Mail video problem. But I am hoping to upgrade myself to an iPad 2 in the very near future. There is so much great information on the iPad on this forum, it's helped me out greatly! I am the same as you, I am completely not interested in 'jalbreaking' my iPad, it is perfect the way it is in my opinion!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions