What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy

Bx8327

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Bryan and vie had my iPad for a few months now. I just started using the mail app that was preloaded on the iPad. I am having trouble sending mail. When I hit send, it says cannot send mail because it cannot connect to the outgoing server. It tells me to go to settings and mail but I have no idea what to do from there. Help!!

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
I am a newbie too...only had mine for a couple of weeks, so just sharing till an expert comes along.

Did you set up your email originally when you synched to your home router? I set up one AOL email and one G-mail. Mine is working fine. I would like to figure out how to set up other emails attached to my AOL, so will eventually figure that out.

Are you able to go on Google or whatever you use and access webmail and send anything that way (not through the email app)?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome on board I suggest you out going settings are incorrect go to mail preferences and make sure their are no spelling errors or problems renter that information to be on safe side

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could also improve your chances of getting good advice by letting us know what kind of service you are using.

In the case of GMail, MobileMe, and Yahoo!, it is often easier to simply delete and re-add the account than to try and figure out what went wrong. That would probably work with other account types too, but since I don't use them I'm less willing to sound confident about doing things this way.

If you also sync Calendars or Contacts with this account, be sure to allow it to remove them from the iPad when deleting, or you may get duplicates when adding the account again. If your Contacts and/or Calendars are local (not synced elsewhere), do not let it remove them or overwrite them, or they will be gone, gone, gone. . .

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts