What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New event plans

kiltedscot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I all, just noticed the new event, where you open boxes to get blueprints.

Event has been running three hours and the top of the leader board has someone with over 800 blueprints? Really, how?

Even using gold that is over 24 000 bars used in three hours!

Kind of feel, that these new events with the big ticket item to be won is already just a con and the only ones who actually win these things are the games staff themselves.

Don't see how anyone else can rack up over 800 successfully opened boxes in under three hours.

Any ideas?

OP
K

kiltedscot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mailed funzio about it yesterday.

They replied to say it was a glitch and showed the winners from the last event.

So, we now know to win in one of these events, you need to spend over £1000.

That is the amount of money you need to spend on gold to reset timer and open the boxes, all in all, each event is just a money making scheme, to try and do it using bare hands, or in game cash, just is a delusion!

Striker Pirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway, i am still doing the bare hands and rusty knife, does not work, Its abnormal! And i dont want to win I want at least a rebel pirate! Or it is a big fool-trap made just to get some more gold?? So why they need to lie about medium chances? if they can do nothing or crowbar? Until that $$$$ stops i will not stop protesting.

OP
K

kiltedscot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I have collected 38 boxes,

Of which I have managed to open 6.

Seems the biggest thing you win is the message, better luck next time!

Great!

Ranger89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't waste money on the various "Events" (i.e., Atomic Box, Top Secret, Naval Ammo Box). I think there's a bit of a scam, or at least a terrible "bait and switch" that GREE if foisting on people with these events. DO NOT WASTE GOLD on these events.

I had saved up 65 gold pieces and decided I'd try to win the Seawolf Class Destroyer (A/D = 289/244), which only requires 10 tokens to be found, so I figured at 15 gold pieces to open a box, I could open four boxes, so my chances over six days were good that I could get 10 tokens with free or medium openings. I opened one box with gold and got the token, but the second time I opened a box with gold, I was SHOCKED that instead of a token, I got some lame game piece (Dragon Solder, A/D = 20/15). Nowhere does GREE say that the boxes give you random items such as tokens, money, or other lessor valued game pieces. So, DO NOT WASTE GOLD on these events.

I hate to admit it, but I ventured another 15 gold pieces (they were free after all) a third time and this time I got $1,200,000 in cash. That was nice, but I wanted the tokens, not lame units or cash, so I realized that the game is probably rigged to not really allow you to get 10 tokens, but to entice you to try, perhaps tempting you to "buy" gold for more attempts. Halfway through the six day event, I've gotten 7 tokens, two cash prizes, and five lame units (2 ea. Dragon Soldier (20/15), Defensive Cannon (10/20), Ghost Hound (22/18), 2 ea. Armored Charger (12/14)).

At lest with the "Beat the Boss" events, they explain that there are prizes other than the three featured on the splash screen. In closing... DO NOT WASTE GOLD on these events.

Siege of fire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't waste your money! I had 9/10 in the satellite launch boxes and for two days all I got was extra allies. While allies are good I'm a lvl 64 and have my maximum number of allies used so its a waste of time and money.

Striker Pirate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ALWAYS get 10 suckers for cash! Coastal Siege ship, Nextgen, Spectral, so on!

Most reactions