What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Angry Birds HD Free Version Released for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

MacStories reports today that Rovio has added a new free Angry Birds app to the App Store this week, which is entirely different from the Lite version. The new free app comes in both regular iPhone versions and an HD iPad version. The new free HD version is the first free Angry Birds game made specifically for the iPad (there was never an HD version of the Lite app, although the iPhone Lite game was playable on your iPad of course). It has Game Center integration, 12 Levels not available in the full game, and leaderboards and achievements. The 12 levels, set in four mini episodes, have been created exclusively for Angry Birds Free, and as far as we know will not be available in the regular Angry Birds HD game, making it something quite different from the Lite version. Some people have complained about the many adverts in the game, but it is free after all, and the ads really don't spoil your enjoyment of the gameplay! A nice surprise to start off the New Year with, cheers Rovio!

To download the free game, click here: Angry Birds HD Free for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: iTunes, MacStories: Rovio Releases Angry Birds Free with 12 Exclusive Levels

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I played and completed this game rather quickly... I sure hope the paid version has a lot more levels than that. But even more importantly... What is the big deal about this game??? I just don't get it! It was decent enough, but certainly not the best game I've ever played... I really don't understand why there is such an Angry Birds craze going around. What am I missing?? Someone please help :(

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's cheap simple fun.

Not everyone wants to play games like Final Fantasy or Call Of Duty. It's easy to pick up and play for short periods.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I played and completed this game rather quickly...
I'm still on this level --

angrybirds.jpg

I'm glad I didn't pay for it!

joephoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons are free on Android - with ads of course - but it's the entire game. I'd love to see Rovio do this for iOS too. This is a step in the right direction as angry birds on the iPad screen is very nice!

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons are free on Android - with ads of course - but it's the entire game. I'd love to see Rovio do this for iOS too. This is a step in the right direction as angry birds on the iPad screen is very nice!

I noticed this too... I downloaded both to my phone (Droid Eris) but they run terribly. My phone sucks.

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I personally like no ad's. Half the time the ad is blocking the view and gets in the way, fml!

joecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first go with angry birds. Can be a pretty simple time wasting game or get really involved and lose track of time. Will probably end up getting the full game now.

Most reactions

Latest posts